Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips on buying my first bike?

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, I've finally found a yamaha tzr 50, 2003, blue, I am going to see it on Tuesday and as I don't really know much about bikes would anyone like to give me some tips on what to watch out for, the guy says that the only damages are small cracks, he wants 950euro!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if he wants 950 offer him 800 and work from there. Look out for rust. Check fork seals. Bit of scratching on fairings isnt to bad just check to make sure everything is where it should be.
    How many miles are on it.
    Check tyres.
    Chain and sprocket.
    Check the downpipe for rust.
    Basically just check everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

any service history would be a bonus but a lot of people work on their bikes themselves so dont be to harsh if he doesnt have any history.
    Just outta curiosity, would ya not go for an nsr75. Insurance is about the same me thinks.

Advertisement