Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's going on in the old Shimla building?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

oblivious wrote: »
    Got their menu in the door this evening, looks interesting and rice included in the main courses too for 9-10 euro

I am sorry!!! You are correct don't know what I was looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Menu is now up here
    http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/west_dublin/clonsilla/spice_of_india_clonsilla/menu

15 and 16 euros per main course by the looks of it - no mention there what it includes.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

ozmo wrote: »
    Menu is now up here
    http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/west_dublin/clonsilla/spice_of_india_clonsilla/menu

15 and 16 euros per main course by the looks of it - no mention there what it includes.

Cheers for linking. Here are the mains.

302565.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Murt10 wrote: »

Do you think it would work for take away?

Rules:
    *Reservation is essential - You can book a table by clicking HERE or visiting Menupages.ie and booking a table with Spice Of India (Clonsilla) through Menupages.ie. Either of these two online booking methods is required to validate the voucher.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Got a take away last night, very very good.

Will definitely be back.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Got a take away last night, very very good.

Will definitely be back.

What dya get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'd agree with that assessement as to the village proper. The actual residential/postal address of Clonsilla would probably extend up as far as St Josephs Hospital and down to Molloys and up to Shelerin Road I would think. As an Ongar resident, I sometimes have to say I'm from Clonsilla as folks from elsewhere wouldn't be so familar with Ongar.

I don't think people try to exaggerate the boundary the way they do with Castleknock! :)

Ongarboy, I say Clonsilla too re Ongar after years of people going "Where???" (although in the last few years it seems people are more familiar with Ongar). I used to say Clonee but that always led to "But that's in Meath and not Dublin, isn't it?" and explanations of how there is a Dublin 15 Clonee and a Meath Clonee...Clonsilla is just easier to mention all round!

As for Spice of India in the old Shimla, just checked out their website and the food sounds delicious! Chicken Chaat starters are hard to come by!! I'll be ordering from them in the near future.

dodzy wrote: »
    What dya get ?
    Lamb Charahi, Veg Jalfrezi and Pilau Rice.
    The lamb was so tender and plenty of it. Plenty of different veg, in the Jalfrezi as well.

Might be giving them a call tonight! :)

Might be giving them a call tonight! :)
    Just after finishing off our second take away visit from Spice of India and it was spot on.

Lamb Biryani, Chicken Jalfrezi, with Pilau rice, really really nice. If they keep up this standard, they'll have us completely hooked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I went for a meal on Saturday with my wife and kids.

I enjoyed the food but wont be going again in a hurry.

Sitting there eating your food and people coming in to order a takeaway looking at what your eating is not my kind of thing...very disappointed in the layout.
    Why would you put a takeaway counter at the back of the restaurant?
    The waiters weren't really nice.No character,not really pleasant.

Last thing.

The price...

Now I know indian is usually dearer than a chinese etc but its a rip off.

16 euro for a dish without rice or chips is taking the mickey this day and age.

Anyway just thought Id post my feelings..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Personally I used to always enjoy old shimla as a takeaway more than a sit in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If anyone has been so far and can say it's better than Jaipur, let me know so I can book our next Indian there to try out. I've been loyal to Jaipur since day 1 as they have never let me down with their quality, service and ambience.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

If anyone has been so far and can say it's better than Jaipur, let me know so I can book our next Indian there to try out. I've been loyal to Jaipur since day 1 as they have never let me down with their quality, service and ambience.

Agreed. And one of the many, many things I love about Jaipur is that it's never overcrowded - it's a lovely big restaurant so even when it's busy, you don't have people sitting on top of you. That used to worry me because I was concerned they might not be getting enough business, but they seem to be doing great on takeaways any time I'm in there, between collections and deliveries! I suppose the demographic around here includes a lot of couples with young children who might not have babysitters and would opt for a takeaway instead. That's my case anyway, although I do prefer going down there for a sit-down meal on the rare occasion when I do have a babysitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We used to go regularly but always thought it was a shame there was no bar to pop into after a meal in there, so when we were out for a meal and a few drinks afterwards we'd pick somewhere else.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    We used to go regularly but always thought it was a shame there was no bar to pop into after a meal in there, so when we were out for a meal and a few drinks afterwards we'd pick somewhere else.
    :confused:

Pub next door !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

dodzy wrote: »

Pub next door !

Now there is. But so is there an additional two members of our family!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Now there is. But so is there an additional two members of our family!

dude are you thinking of the right place?

old shimla....beside the clonsilla inn....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

amdublin wrote: »

dude are you thinking of the right place?

old shimla....beside the clonsilla inn....

I think the conversation drifted to Jaipur...which was probably my fault!!!

I think the conversation drifted to Jaipur...which was probably my fault!!!
    You smokin stuff there ongarboy??:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Picked up a chicken jalfrezi from spice of India on Friday evening, very nice and for 8.80 with rice, I can see myself ordering again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just noticed that there's a deal on Menupages at the moment for Spice of India in Clonsilla.

I got lamb korma from there a couple of weeks ago and it was really good.

Just after finishing off our second take away visit from Spice of India and it was spot on.

Lamb Biryani, Chicken Jalfrezi, with Pilau rice, really really nice. If they keep up this standard, they'll have us completely hooked :)

Both the Commander in Chief and myself have purchased a good number of different take aways since Spice of India opened and the standard food is simply wonderful.

In answer to my quote above. They have and we are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

Had the Tandoori Mixed Grill a few nights ago. Highly recommend it.

Advertisement