Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnswell Roundabout

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

What is going on at the Barnswell roundabout? They have it coned for weeks, and this morning there were massive traffic jams back past Beechfield to Littlepace. Anyone know what company is responsible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not sure but I imagine it has to do with preparing the construction of the pedestrian/cycle/traffic allignment routes up to the new Educate Together school at the back of Barnwell? I could be wrong though.

You do wonder why the cones have to encroach so much into the existing main Ongar Distributor road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not sure but I imagine it has to do with preparing the construction of the pedestrian/cycle/traffic allignment routes up to the new Educate Together school at the back of Barnwell? I could be wrong though.

You do wonder why the cones have to encroach so much into the existing main Ongar Distributor road though.
    They're blocking up the traffic to Littlepace. Think I'll request their project plan as it has been like that for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

You could bypass it at Ongar Village or by Castlegrange

Can't get anywhere near Ongar Village - they have a traffic jam as far as Littlepace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, taking the roundabout (after Littlepace roundabout) that takes you to Castlegrange/Latchford and out by Allendale is your best bet to avoid the congestion.

• Advertisement

Ohhhhh - I must suss that shotcut out! Thanks!

Advertisement