Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Boardroom Chaos as Piech resigns.

Options
  • 25-04-2015 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Always a man with huge ability and essentially the guiding path for VWs success over the last 20 years or so. Before he took control VW was virtually broke building the most god awful dull range of cars in Europe.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0NG0N720150425?irpc=932

Also a man with some obvious narcissistic characteristics and a huge ego. Anyway this now leaves VW with a fairly big boardroom tussle and other control issues the fullest of which I don't understand. Interesting times for veedub.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

I must be the only one in here with an interest in the industry itself :-)

Apparently Piech is far from finished. There seems to be some re drawing of battle lines going on, reinforcements being brought in via stock control and what not and plenty of posturing on both sides.

Piech is not a man to under estimate. Many union leaders and local politicians have sided with what they feel is the new stronger side i.e. the incumbent VW CEO but it would seem some of the backers are now feeling the breath of Piech over their shoulder. The last man to think they'd out smarted Piech (Wiedeking) soon found out what a sneaky old fox he can be. Me thinks this isn't over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I must be the only one in here with an interest in the industry itself :-)

Apparently Piech is far from finished. There seems to be some re drawing of battle lines going on, reinforcements being brought in via stock control and what not and plenty of posturing on both sides.

Piech is not a man to under estimate. Many union leaders and local politicians have sided with what they feel is the new stronger side i.e. the incumbent VW CEO but it would seem some of the backers are now feeling the breath of Piech over their shoulder. The last man to think they'd out smarted Piech (Wiedeking) soon found out what a sneaky old fox he can be. Me thinks this isn't over yet.

I have not seen anything that suggests piech is poised to resurface?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BdaraB

mickdw wrote: »
    I have not seen anything that suggests piech is poised to resurface?

I think he's gone from running of the board and I can't see him coming back to that but he does own a controlling stake of shares in the group. While technically he doesn't have any power he still has a huge amount of sway over the unions and plants that he developed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

BdaraB wrote: »
    I think he's gone from running of the board and I can't see him coming back to that but he does own a controlling stake of shares in the group. While technically he doesn't have any power he still has a huge amount of sway over the unions and plants that he developed.

Is the point not that the unions and plants voted against him and sided with the CEO. Their support of him in past disputes is what made him so powerful

• Advertisement

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Is the point not that the unions and plants voted against him and sided with the CEO. Their support of him in past disputes is what made him so powerful

Yes they voted him out when things are going well for them as they got a pretty great deal with him, now that he's gone that could easily change bringing back their support for Piech. Something is telling me that this won't be the end of him in VW politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I find it hard to believe this discussion - who gives a s**t bout VW Boardroom quarrels - is it going to effect you? I doubt it.

U are obviously a die-hard VW owner consumed by VW. I've met a similar character before except he was an Opel fanatic.

As regards VWs I find them over-priced & under 'gagetised' with only the bare minimum of 'xtras' & u pay a fortune for equipment usually standardised on other similar cars. In summary - VW ARE A RIP-OFF.

The same appears to be the mind set of BMW owners - don't mention the NZ47 Engine to them. Like VW, a fallacy, a figment of people's imaginations - total brain-washing.

Enjoy your VW dominated life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

maybe JEREMY SH1TE CLARKSON will take over as hes looking for a job

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

I find it hard to believe this discussion - who gives a s**t bout VW Boardroom quarrels - is it goin to effect U? I doubt it.

U are obviously a die-hard VW owner consumed by VW. I've met a similar character b4 except he was an Opel fanatic.

As regards VWs I find them over-priced & under 'gagetised' with only the bare minimum of 'xtras' & u pay a fortune for equipment usually standardised on other similar cars. In summary - VW ARE A RIP-OFF.

The same appears to b d mind set of BMW owners - don't mention d NZ47 Engine to them. Like VW, a falacy, a figment of people's imaginations - total brain-washing.

Njoy ur VW dominated life.

This is a motors forum? How dare they speak about the industry and their "gagets".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I find it hard to believe this discussion - who gives a s**t bout VW Boardroom quarrels - is it goin to effect U? I doubt it.

U are obviously a die-hard VW owner consumed by VW. I've met a similar character b4 except he was an Opel fanatic.

The same appears to b d mind set of BMW owners - don't mention d NZ47 Engine to them. Like VW, a falacy, a figment of people's imaginations - total brain-washing.

Njoy ur VW dominated life.
    I honestly dont understand why you came into this thread to comment, if you see a topic you arent interested in then just leave.

Its actually quite an interesting topic and is getting coverage from Reuters, Irish Times, Top Gear.............................. seems to indicate that many people are interested in these developments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I find it helps if you replace the word boardroom with bedroom.
    Bedroom chaos, bedroom tussles, gadgets and domination.
    Oooh, suits you sir, suits you.

But back in the real world, yes it is interesting like the Porsche/VW takeover craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I find it helps if you replace the word boardroom with bedroom.
    Bedroom chaos, bedroom tussles, gadgets and domination.
    Oooh, suits you sir, suits you.

But back in the real world, yes it is interesting like the Porsche/VW takeover craic.

Yes the porsche take over of vw was mad stuff.
    Building cars seemed secondary to playing to stock market at that time as far as porsche were concerned

Advertisement