Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan refusal

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭

Is a bank obliged/required to give reasons for a personal loan being denied?

Just told it has been denied, they wont give a reason and I can't apply for any other personal loan (e.g. a smaller amount) from them for 6 months. No obvious reasons popping out at me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Banks don't have to give a reason. Check out www.icb.ie to see your credit history, might be something on there affecting your application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

and I can't apply for any other personal loan (e.g. a smaller amount) from them for 6 months.
    i was told this before. i applied again 2 days later for a smaller amount and it was granted. this was about 18 months ago though so obviously a lot of things going on since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Is a bank obliged/required to give reasons for a personal loan being denied?

Just told it has been denied, they wont give a reason and I can't apply for any other personal loan (e.g. a smaller amount) from them for 6 months. No obvious reasons popping out at me.

Well they're usually fairly obvious.... and it more than likely revolves around repayment capacity.

But other things such as current account operation (days credit, are payments being honoured) is taken into account.

Advertisement