Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA and Transferring money to another bank in the EU

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled by this one. I am a customer of a bank in Ireland, not AIB or BoI and I am trying to set up a transfer from my online banking to Standard and Chartered bank in Germany. I have the BIC and IBAN of the account I want to send it to and have been on the phone a lot today trying to get it setup. At last someone told me why it was not working. Apparently the bank I am sending the money to are not a member or to not take part in SEPA (Single EU Payment something..)
    I thought this was mandatory now for all banks in the EU to be compliant from 2010, or are my bank just fobbing me off. I have had issues with my bank before holding up payments into my accounts and saying they had not seen the transfer into my account but clearly it had gone through, as I have proof form the other bank?
    Do I have any other options other than going to my local branch every month to make this payment as a SWIFT payment?

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement