Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transexuals in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

*gets popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tone66

Humm

Dont you hate it when people try to be smart when they dont know what they are talking about..

Check the dictionary, there are two spellings for transexual and this one has become the most popular...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transexual

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

tone66 wrote: »
    Humm

Dont you hate it when people try to be smart when they dont know what they are talking about..

Check the dictionary, there are two spellings for transexual and this one has become the most popular...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transexual

I can assure you Links knows what she is talking about.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

*sits next to Hamhide and pinches popcorn, offers bag of doritos as compensation* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Links is correct.

In the English speaking world transsexual is infinitely the more popular term. I've never heard of the term being spelled as transexual before now.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/transsexual?showCookiePolicy=true

• Advertisement

You guys have gotta be kidding me right? That link shows both spellings , thanks for proving my point and if you read it a lot of european countries only use the spelling I gave!

I guess it's pick on the newbie but I can handle it :)

Do you know whats even funnier, check the spelling on the name of this thread :) Which started in 2008! Looks like you have been posting to the wrong thread if your looking for the 'ss' type ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

tone66 wrote: »
    Do you know whats even funnier, check the spelling on the name of this thread :) Which started in 2008! Looks like you have been posting to the wrong thread if your looking for the 'ss' type ;)

Yeah and if you look at all the subsequent post that proved that the OP was a plank who hadn't got a clue about transsexuals so to use him as "proof" to validate your argument would be akin to Stephen Hawkins going to a lecture and arguing that his belly button fluff proves String theory. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyup

Saw this on the front page.. currently LOL'ing at the horrible personalities/attitudes of everyone in this thread hahaha

I know to think that all of this was started because I chose one of two spellings which are both correct according to any dictionary..sigh

It's like Saying Sean is spelt wrong you should be spelling your name Shawn!

• Advertisement

''shawn'' is the american spelling. the traditional other way of shelling sean is ''shaun''
    but i'm just kidding :) Spell transexual whatever way u wanna as long as you dont refer to us as anything more derogatory like tranny,shemale etc..

Ahh finally the voice of reason :) Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Great, only took 3 days to sort that out! Go team!

yes...those random set of words I said seemed to make perfect sense :D
    seriously though, trans girls are still people and although I'm flattered I'm sometimes seen as a rare desirable fetish, I like to be treated as a normal person.

Advertisement