Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you look like/your gaming station?

Options
  • 23-10-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

I was just wondering what everyone look like that i play on battlefield vietnam. It would be nice to put faces with names. and also what your gaming station looks like? so I will Start This One.

VALDEZ.jpg

Station.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

VALDEZ.jpg

I look like this. I may not look hansom but im living with it!
    Sorry Val couldn't resist it this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yeah its a good idea, most of the older players have met up at this stage.

Anyway for those of you who dont know me.
    revhellfire.jpg aka RevHellfire

And me humble gaming rig.
    ninja_bastard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

What were you doing at home on a Saturday night?

Shurly you should have been out like the majority of us getting slightly drunk and not being bored and sober at home taking pictures of rigs.

Winters wrote:
    What were you doing at home on a Saturday night?

Shurly you should have been out like the majority of us getting slightly drunk and not being bored and sober at home taking pictures of rigs.

Admitt it winters you want to see us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

This is my setup running Macos X famindexsuperdrive04182004.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Pic of me and my brand new PC! I only buy the best! haha

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

here be the mugshot and rig.....

LMFAO thats a nice tru........rig you got there loTh

Station.JPG

Heres my PC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Hooky

VALDEZ.jpg

I look like this. I may not look hansom but im living with it!
    Sorry Val couldn't resist it this time!
    Kamikaze doesnt look anything like that he is too ashamed to put himself on the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Hooky

Station.JPG

Heres my PC!
    And kami uses his brothers computer

I cant see this thread serving any more potential. Many people are fearful indeed of posting pictures of themselves, possibly due to amusing Photoshoppage fun that could be had...

[edit]Enough support for this has been shown and so it shall be reopened[/edit]
    Am I a nerd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

Winters Nice Setup. :D is that one computer or three?

1 computer running across 3 monitors. I also have a laptop on the desk ot my right and another computer behind me. I also have another but its not in my possession at the point in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

you got to show me how you hook up three mointors to one computer, teach me your ways. I must wreck your head every time i talk to you i ask you questions, but you have so much wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Ah the good old days. TiG v NRG. A gaming rivalry for the ages. Back when BF2 was still a twinkle in Dice's eye. People posting full size screenshots that are 800x600, 64bit CPUs were a rarity, if you had a Radeon 9800 pro you were set for life. it all seems so quaint now.
    Winters, Jimeatsmenu, Valdez, Kamikaze, Vietnavan, all the drama. Kamikaze constantly trying to knife everyone, even in clan games, and generally acting like a 12yr old douchebag 99% of the time. MrShadow who was originally an NRG member but then defected to TiG. HellRazer was an inside man for NRG within TiG and fed us intel on their tactics (not that it ever made much difference). The one match where NRG whupped TiG so bad in the opening rounds they changed tactics and just nade spammed for an entire game to get the win...all these memories, all gone, like tears in the rain.

This thread is 10 years old today.

Ah the good old days. TiG v NRG. A gaming rivalry for the ages. Back when BF2 was still a twinkle in Dice's eye. People posting full size screenshots that are 800x600, 64bit CPUs were a rarity, if you had a Radeon 9800 pro you were set for life. it all seems so quaint now.
    Winters, Jimeatsmenu, Valdez, Kamikaze, Vietnavan, all the drama. Kamikaze constantly trying to knife everyone, even in clan games, and generally acting like a 12yr old douchebag 99% of the time. MrShadow who was originally an NRG member but then defected to TiG. HellRazer was an inside man for NRG within TiG and fed us intel on their tactics (not that it ever made much difference). The one match where NRG whupped TiG so bad in the opening rounds they changed tactics and just nade spammed for an entire game to get the win...all these memories, all gone, like tears in the rain.

I seen this in my alerts list and couldn't figure out where it had come from

They where the good old days :o

I had a 9800 pro, it was mighty....drop off the GF and then spend the evening on the PC, waiting for payday to buy the next upgrade my PC....

Happier times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hah who was the guy from Naas who threatened to stab all the TIG lads in RL?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Although this stands as an example of why not to dig up old threads, given that the images are all long gone, I'm inclined to allow it so people can reminisce.

Just wondering from those days, who still has a PC and plays Battlefield?

I have been reduced to Xbox 360 and have Battlefield on it....was over a year since I played last so gave to my kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Play Battlefield from time to time. Was playing an ARMA3 Wastelands server last night with a couple of the TiG lads for a few hours.

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just wondering from those days, who still has a PC and plays Battlefield?

I have been reduced to Xbox 360 and have Battlefield on it....was over a year since I played last so gave to my kid

I gave up on Battlefield after BF:BC2. I just got a bit fed up with the unbalanced-ness of it all. Hated the introduction of unlocks that came with BF2.
    I gave up on competitive games and clanning a long time ago. Now i will occasionally play Red Orchestra 2, or Verdun, but thats about it.
    Also good to see you Nelly! NRG in the house once again :D
    I just built a brand new PC this year. Still love PC gaming, jsut not big into the online shooters anymore. The TiG v NRG stuff wiped me out!

[NRG]An1m4l btw :D
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    hah who was the guy from Naas who threatened to stab all the TIG lads in RL?

That was probably Irish_Kamikaze. He was a complete tool online, but apparently IRL was a very quiet, nice bloke, according to reports fro mthe NRG LAN (which i wasnt at)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

. HellRazer was an inside man for NRG within TiG and fed us intel on their tactics (not that it ever made much difference).

Don't know where you got that info from but its completely untrue .I was one of the founding members of TiG.Right back at the very start when Tig forums were here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That was probably Irish_Kamikaze. He was a complete tool online, but apparently IRL was a very quiet, nice bloke, according to reports fro mthe NRG LAN (which i wasnt at)
    Don't think he lived in Naas at the time; pretty sure he lived just up the road from me in Leixlip.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    Don't know where you got that info from but its completely untrue .I was one of the founding members of TiG.Right back at the very start when Tig forums were here on boards.
    I think he's either doing a bad attempt at trolling, or getting you mixed up with one of the lads who had tried to join TiG.

Still cracks me up that the NRG LAN was held in the back of Valdez's church, but it wasn't a bad place. I see General Valdez is holding LAN's in his new church. Not being able to drink means I've never been to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I think your memory is fading in your old age, inside man my hole lol. NRG where never able to beat us, and where nothing more than a half arsed pub team. But here thanks for the laugh! :D

Gwan we'll give you a rematch sure........

TheFairy wrote: »
    I think your memory is fading in your old age, inside man my hole lol. NRG where never able to beat us, and where nothing more than a half arsed pub team. But here thanks for the laugh! :D

It was a great pub thou!!!

TheFairy wrote: »

Haha yeah, aside from that BF2 match where we walloped TiG in the opening rounds and they resorted to nade spamming the entire game... cheap ass tactics man

Someone in TiG used to tell us what yas were up to tho. Hell someone. Or or Hellfire, or some ****. He was IRL friends with one of NRG.

Advertisement