Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some French woman has a problem with The Irish

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

let's take the French and the German you hate so much
    Actually, that'd be the English we hate so much. Remember the English: the same people every French person that I met in France seems to hate with a passion?
    So, to your last comment, that everybody likes you when you are rich, let me tell you something. No matter what, Paddy, and don't forget it, no amount of money will hide the smell of dung which will always stick to your magnificent boots wherever you'll go.
    You have to wonder what the husband works as?
    A nationality is just an accident of birth, which means that when people say, for example: "I am proud of being Irish", it is an absurdity. We do nothing in order to have a nationality. And to be proud of something, you must achieve something, work at it, like when you succeed at your exams.

But for sure, I am very happy to be French.
    Happy to raise the white flag too, no doubt.
    As for the accent of my husband, he has a great musical ear, and maybe that is why he has hardly any Irish accent. Lucky me!
    With a b|tch like the woman quoted, it's no wonder he changed his accent. Probably nagged to change it.
    PS: All the people I know from Italy, France, Poland, etc are French, Italian, Polish. Nobody calls himself/herself European. Nobody.
    Actually, only the German and French seem to call themselves European.

=-=

Oh, and if the French hate the Irish so much, why are there so many Irish pubs there?
    The great craic: where, when, how, who?

Did I miss anything these last 30-odd years? I never see any craic with the Paddies.
    In the pubs. Went to a French pub, and I thought I had walked into a funeral, it was so dead. Went into an Irish pub, and it was crammed full of french people, with a french trad band playing some tune down the back.

Perhaps since she hates us "paddies" so much, they just didn't invite her to the sessions. No-one likes a dour faced woman at a session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

the_syco wrote: »
    Actually, that'd be the English we hate so much. Remember the English: the same people every French person that I met in France seems to hate with a passion?

You have to wonder what the husband works as?

Happy to raise the white flag too, no doubt.

With a b|tch like the woman quoted, it's no wonder he changed his accent. Probably nagged to change it.

Actually, only the German and French seem to call themselves European.

=-=

Oh, and if the French hate the Irish so much, why are there so many Irish pubs there?

In the pubs. Went to a French pub, and I thought I had walked into a funeral, it was so dead. Went into an Irish pub, and it was crammed full of french people, with a french trad band playing some tune down the back.

Perhaps since she hates us "paddies" so much, they just didn't invite her to the sessions. No-one likes a dour faced woman at a session.
    It's true that the French and the English have very mixed and ambivalent (and reciprocal) feelings towards each other. Well the same goes with the Germans I guess, except perhaps not as bad.

And yeah, France+Germany = the hard core of the European Union. The damn thing pretty much revolves around us ;)

Rob_l wrote: »
    And that's why The Daily Mail is a poor excuse for journalism. Who the hell was polled? The English? The British? People of various English speaking countries? They won't even say who ran the poll! If only the English were polled then the true story here is that the French accent was ever really popular with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

*Barney (drunk): I'm just saying that when we die, there's gonna be a planet for the French, a planet for the Chinese, and we'll all be a lot happier.
    Lisa: Mr. Gumble, you're upsetting me.
    Barney: No I'm not!

*Barney (drunk): I'm just saying that when we die, there's gonna be a planet for the French, a planet for the Chinese, and we'll all be a lot happier.
    Lisa: Mr. Gumble, you're upsetting me.
    Barney: No I'm not!
    I hope the drunk purple dinosaur is wrong, I don't want to be confined to the planet of the French :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement