Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running route around Midleton?

Options
  • 19-08-2014 1:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm due to be in Cork over the weekend and want to get a long (14 mile) run in while I'm there.

Can anyone recommend a good route around the Midleton area that I might use? I don't mind if it's a long loop, a ~7 mile run that I can double up on, or even a 4-5 mile loop that I can do a few laps of.

I've looked around and found a few routes, but a lot tend to take you onto backroads, and as I'm not familiar with the area I don't know what they'd be like in terms of traffic and safety.

The fewer busy roads I need to cross the better, too.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

There seems to be a marathon in the Midleton area this Sunday, with half and 10k distances too. The half is pricey at €50 but it will give you a safe running space while covering most of the distance you want.

http://midletonathleticclub.blogspot.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

"Away" is generally the correct direction. ;-)

Advertisement