Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell

Options
  • 19-08-2015 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

For those who like historical fiction and have read The Saxon Series ,this is be made into a TV series by BBC America.One of my favourite book series ,hope they do the books justice ,or even half as good will do me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Read the books a couple of years back, absolutely fantastic. I was very happy to see these books come to life, but I was also skeptical. So far I am quite happy with the show, in fact, I love it. I really hope it runs alongside the books and lasts. I would hate to see it go after one or two seasons.

***Possible Spoilers***

The problem with books versus TV, for me, is how I picture the characters.
    While King Alfred, Mildrith, Asser and Æthelstan play to my image, I had pictured Uthred to be less comely and a little more warlord like. Earl Ragnar didn't get enough air time for me to like/dislike him and I really loved his character in the books. I understand this is necessary for TV. I am really looking forward to seeing Finan, Steapa, Sihtric, Father Pylrig, Osferth, the Twins and Bishop Wulfheard. I am really looking forward to see these characters develop on screen.

Advertisement