Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out my motorhome - advice!

Options
  • 17-05-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi - bought a motorhome last year, hymer 1999 and just wondering about possibly renting out for a couple of weeks during the Summer - any advice re insurance, past experience, pitfalls etc would be greatly appreciated.... Cheers. Hope ye all out and about. Only met 1 m/home on the road at the weekend - where is everyone?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Hi,,I dont think it would be advised to rent it out as such,,unless you only rented it to family and friends that you know you could trust and would be willing to give deposit and such same as if they were renting it from a business,,,,,,Haveing said that have a look on Donedeal,i saw a camper rental company advertiseing for private owners that might want to get them to rent out your camper dureing the summer,seemingly they are booked up with there own rentals and need some more,,,have a look,,it would probably be a much safer way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

As long as you make sure that your insurance covers all eventualities you should be fine. You just have to live with the possibility of your MH being destroyed, and the probability that some part of it will be damaged in one way or another as people who rent it may not take as good care as you do. I was in a MH rental place near Dublin airport one day having a look around. Around 5 brand new campers were parked up due to damage from renters (mostly structural damage due to hitting walls, gate posts etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread but I have a similar enquiry.
    I spent the May weekend along the Shannon and was struck by the similarities between motorhoming and boating along the Shannon.
    I'd love to give the cruising thing a go and thought that there are probably similar minded boat owners wanting to try out touring on land.
    How about a swap for a week? A boatowner is probably going to be more responsible in your motorhome as you will be using his pride and joy too.
    Tried some swap sites on internet without success, anyone got any more suggestions?

Advertisement