Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of caravan/camping parts & equipment here Vs UK

Options
  • 14-05-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

On 2 separate occasions I was able to buy online from the UK and save about 10 - 15%, and that was even after the fairly hefty postage charges (c€15) & of course the exchange difference.

So all in all Irish stuff seems to be at least 20-25% dearer than the UK. Is this justifyable??, is it the old rip off Republic?? I'd prefer to buy locally, which I do a fair bit, but for bigger purchases its disappointing to see such a gulf in prices and that Irish shops dont appear to be giving a fair deal and are losing out on business because of it.

Any opinions on this? I deliberately didnt name any of the relevant shops but theres only a handful of them in Ireland anyway, and to date I havent seen much price differences between them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Betsy Og wrote: »
    On 2 separate occasions I was able to buy online from the UK and save about 10 - 15%, and that was even after the fairly hefty postage charges (c€15) & of course the exchange difference.

So all in all Irish stuff seems to be at least 20-25% dearer than the UK. Is this justifyable??, is it the old rip off Republic?? I'd prefer to buy locally, which I do a fair bit, but for bigger purchases its disappointing to see such a gulf in prices and that Irish shops dont appear to be giving a fair deal and are losing out on business because of it.

Any opinions on this? I deliberately didnt name any of the relevant shops but theres only a handful of them in Ireland anyway, and to date I havent seen much price differences between them.

20-25% dearer thats cheap! :-p

Try ebay I average at least 50% cheaper on everything from injectors to transistors to kids shoes and baby grows.

I'm loving the best offer thing on ebay, just picked up a clutch for £10 getting it collected by courier for £13.49 + vat

Advertisement