Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

jamaamaj wrote: »
    So what?

He is a player I really want us to sign.

His name has been brought up a few times in threads when talking about who we could buy to strengthen our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

T-K-O wrote: »
    Exactly, now its down to the player and if he wants to sign for a big club!

I'd imagine Benfica will have a say in what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    I agree but I don't think there should a difference between 1/2 and 1/16 between us for it considering how close it is. If we can beat them at home in 2 weeks it will be big.

Going to be some derby, reminiscent of the mid to late 80's ones, can't wait for it, Merseyside derbys being important as regards the top of the table again, not just bragging rights.. So many huge games coming up and barring United away all at Anfield.

True enough on the odds, there's nothing between both teams, well barring Suarez! I'd say those odds are based on United coming strong with RVP to come back. For me Everton and Spurs are the 2 unquantifiables in the run in.

Anyway, anybody prefer GED and Rafa style playing to the current set up?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Suarez didn't even play that well today.

frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

SlickRic wrote: »
    Suarez didn't even play that well today.

frightening.

And Sturridge isn't match fit. Looking forward to SAS at full tilt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

K-9 wrote: »

Nope, though the "advantage" of watching their teams was that my heart got less wear and tear - we are back to the Roy Evans era right now, if it were only possible to combine Ged defence with Rodgers attack we'd be home and hosed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Missed the match earlier, sitting down to watch the recording. Is it worth watching or is it a nil nil snoozefest? :pac::D:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Missed the match earlier, sitting down to watch the recording. Is it worth watching or is it a nil nil snoozefest? :pac::D:pac::pac::pac::pac:

2 of our ex players score, Mig makes a howler and Stevie has slowed down our entire midfield.

don't put yourself through it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Kess73 wrote: »
    Great shouts

Fowler/Collymore from 95/96 got 42 league goals

Kenny/Rush in 82/83 was also a 42 goal haul.

Will have a look to get figures for Hunt/Hatley/St John, but you could be dead right again there because am pretty sure that Hunt had a few 30 or so goal seasons in the league.

EDIT: You were spot on about the 50 being broken in the 1960's. St John and Hunt scored a whopping 59 league goals between them during the 1961/62 season.

They also got 43 during the 1962/63 season and 52 in 1963/64.

After that Ian St John never scored more than 10 league goals in any of the following 7 seasons he was at the club.

So 59 now looks to be the target for Suarez and Sturridge to beat. :D

The 59 goal season though was in the 2nd division, so we'll let them away with beating 52 as the top flight record. Hopefully they'll have it done and dusted by the end of March ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    Nope, though the "advantage" of watching their teams was that my heart got less wear and tear - we are back to the Roy Evans era right now, if it were only possible to combine Ged defence with Rodgers attack we'd be home and hosed.

Evans is what comes into my mind watching us.

Any site to watch MotD2 highlights?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

billy2012 wrote: »

His name has been brought up a few times in threads when talking about who we could buy to strengthen our midfield.

No offence intented.

But looks like he's going to sign for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Going to be some derby, reminiscent of the mid to late 80's ones, can't wait for it, Merseyside derbys being important as regards the top of the table again, not just bragging rights.. So many huge games coming up and barring United away all at Anfield.

True enough on the odds, there's nothing between both teams, well barring Suarez! I'd say those odds are based on United coming strong with RVP to come back. For me Everton and Spurs are the 2 unquantifiables in the run in.

No way. So many missed opportunities under rafa because of how we played. We are putting away the lesser teams which if we had done under rafa we would have won the league.
    Rodgers has put his mark on the club and this is the type of football players will want to come and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

TidyCourteousIberianmidwifetoad.gif

UltimateWarrior.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

T-K-O wrote: »
    It's beyond ridiculous at this stage, it's gonna cost us.

This has been said for I think the last 6/7 matches in a row. Referee's are not doing anything about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

TidyCourteousIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Do Stoke put the away teams crest at the dugout for every match? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'd imagine Benfica will have a say in what happens.

I'd imagine all Roman's stolen ruble's will have a bigger say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

5starpool wrote: »
    Aren't bookies great. We are somehow 1/16 to finish in the top 6 on PP. All of the top 7 are odds on with Everton the longest odds on 1/2 which is mad I think (Spurs 2/5 and Utd 1/6 are the next longest). Suarez is 1/18 for top scorer :pac:

Yes, I know different/better odds are available elsewhere, but I'm not actually betting on any of the above. I think 1/16 for top 6 for us is crazy though given how close the top 7 are. Someone will have to be the odd one out.

I backed Suarez at 18/1 to be top scorer :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

So does Hendo not play well with Gerrard and does one of them need to be dropped ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

So does Hendo not play well with Gerrard and does one of them need to be dropped ?

IMO the problem is the Gerrard / Lucas combo just doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

budgemook wrote: »
    I backed Suarez at 18/1 to be top scorer :-)

Fair play. I don't have the patience to back outrights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gerrard is at his best behind the striker, rafa knew why no other manager has done it ill never understand. His instinct is to move forward and attack he is wasted playing deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Didn't Chelsea used to own him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

gafferino wrote: »
    Didn't Chelsea used to own him?

Yup. He was part of the David Luiz transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

rob316 wrote: »
    Gerrard is at his best behind the striker, rafa knew why no other manager has done it ill never understand. His instinct is to move forward and attack he is wasted playing deep.

Around these parts - Gerrard should not ware the jersey and he's finished,
    I kid you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Evans is what comes into my mind watching us.

Any site to watch MotD2 highlights?

PM you it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looked like he simulated a book.
    Stargate wrote: »
    Anybody have a link to it?

I thought he was imitating dealing a deck of cards. :eek:

I'm pretty sure he was simulating counting out money.

No idea why though. Perhaps just a "make it rain" kinda thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was simulating counting out money.

No idea why though. Perhaps just a "make it rain" kinda thing..

I thought he was writing a signature, implying it was a signature Adam(s) goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I thought he was writing a signature, implying it was a signature Adam(s) goal.

It was definitely a money counting gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

rob316 wrote: »

Gerrard does not have the legs to do the pressing needed for that position in this system. Look at the shift Henderson puts in week in/week out, granted he was poor today, but still the amount of pressing he done was mammoth and it's not something a 33, soon to be 34, y/o is able for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement