Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning Post #1041

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

opr wrote: »
    Just to weigh in a little on the Coutinho/Sterling debate now Sturridge is back. Certainly I think if you're going on form Sterling fully deserves the spot. I do think though that while his killer passes/shooting have been abysmal this year, he still nits midfield with attack quite well and the idea of a front three wit Coutinho in theory makes more sense than Sterling. I'm intrigued by the idea of playing the front three of Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge with Coutinho behind them and two sitting midfielders although I can't see it being something Rodgers will try anytime soon. All in the all I think it would be extremely harsh to not at least give Sterling the shot given the respective rise/fall in form of both players. Either way nice problems to have and which ever one gets the chop will give us a proper impact sub at the 60 minutes mark similar to having the injection that Sturridge brought today.

Opr

I'd be happy enough playing the 4 of them against Villa, but the worry would be we've a soft enough under belly as it is, and I think Rodgers would drop Henderson if it came to it. Coutinho is game for the size of him, but we'd miss Henderson in that role and we'd be depending on Gerrard and Lucas to shore things up.

When I look at the squad and the options we have up front, Aspas and Alberto as well, we are down to the bare bones at the back despite a good few options there, it makes the lack of a CM signing in the last year all the more galling. We really are limited in what we can do there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ok I'll further my point, this is what I'm fed up, this is not really debating Gerrards merits is it? And that's just in the last 3 months!

The lads telling us how great Gerrard is were quick out to blocks last week following his assist....I hope they are so punctual this week.

I don't think it"s a coincide that the period where Lucas got most praise was one where Gerrard was in and out of the team with injury...he was playing alongside Meireles and Adam, players not on Gerrard's level but they knew how to play CM and Lucas could concentrate on his game.

Personally I'd replace Gerrard first...and Henderson then before Lucas. People can praise his energy and his running around hustling players but he does little else, can't tackle, offers little creativity, and the less said about his shooting the better.

Yep Gerrard needs to be managed correctly. The ideal time to do it IMO was when Kenny came back...Gerrard was injured and we cope well without him when for years people were writing us off as a one man team. Unfortunately in the years since then he seems to have been built up again as some undroppable figure on the back of what have been to me, mediocre and half decent seasons.

He still has desire for the big games against United, City, Spurs, Chelsea and Everton but in the others he just seems half arsed.

Great free....we should have just let Gerrard kick it at the wall.

Take Gerrard off and play with 10.

I'd be one of the critics of Gerrard's role as captain. All well and good sticking it to Van Persie in a match against United but when we need someone to rally the team against the likes of Stoke he often disappears.

In saying that we don't really have any alternatives who would rally the team

Seems like I watched the wrong game...Gerrard/Sturridge did nothing of note while Sahko staked a claim to be France's CF ahead of Giroud ...and footballs forever number 2 delivered a big performance.

Please tell me that opinion was fashionable 3months ago??? The last thing I want is to be some Nuri-esque hipster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/01/espn-announces-new-film-series-30-30-soccer-stories-surrounding-2014-fifa-world-cup-espn/

Hillsborough, Directed by Daniel Gordon
    25 years ago, on April 15, 1989, the worst disaster in British football history occurred in an overcrowded stadium in Sheffield, England, 150 miles north of London. 3,000 fans flocked through the turnstiles to head to the area reserved for standing, despite a capacity of less than half of that. The result was a “human crush” that killed 96 people and injured 766. Initially the police blamed fans for the disaster, but a long investigation revealed that was not the truth. Prior to the disaster at Hillsborough, British football was known for the grime of its stadiums, hooligan fans and inadequate facilities, but great change came after the Hillsborough disaster. What emerged is now known as the most rich and powerful soccer league in the world, the English Premier League.

Feature Length ESPN Documentary. Should interest a lot here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

52d2f63e82b86.png

52d2f63d4fc59.png

These are the best ones I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

MD1990 wrote: »
    look at the chances created stat

Bdz0OFeCEAAIC4k.jpg

Even more impressive when you add in none are penalties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nearly at 10k.