Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clutches

• 13-07-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

just wonder if tractors with independent pto would benefit from clutches on drives in old tractors with live drives throwing pto out of gear prevented use as brake unlike independent pto
    last few days spreading slurry and had to borrow drive off mower almost every time i turned off pto i heard drive clutch clicking until pump stopped , normally pump stops as pto is turned off, wonder is this pressurizing pto clutch packs and reducing life span, would tractors benefit from this type of clutch fitted on tractor or is there a legal reason not to

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

hope i haven't jinked my tractor clutch by starting this thread on pto slip clutches,:eek:
    can someone tell me if adjustment is possible on shaft of 1993 mf399 clutch at housing like in 100 series masseys, mine has started slipping,if i press clutch ever so slightly it slips if pulling load of slurry uphill,thought it was oil on plate first but pressure plate seems dry and seems like no further adjustment on linkage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭emaherx

Adjustment is on rod from clutch pedal. Get under tractor with a 19 spanner.

What year is it? Some later types might have self adjusting hydraulic based actuation.

What year is it? Some later types might have self adjusting hydraulic based actuation.

1993 with hi line cab(unfortunately)

• Advertisement

sandydan wrote: »

Under the cab with you so. Bring that 19 spanner

sandydan wrote: »

Under the cab with you so. Bring that 19 spanner

thanks for that, doing a bit of repairs on plough at minute managed to shear head off , bolts tired of stones i guess anyway will sort out clutch tomorrow
    ps welcome back haven't seen you posting for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Making up for lost time, posting twice now :)

dharn wrote: »
    Making up for lost time, posting twice now :)

he's good though ain't he . knows his stuff so worth twice the thanks too:)

• Advertisement

in the 91 mf 399 id say ive a bit o ripping to do soon, clutch is slipping slightly and a noise is coming from G/box direction sounds like a cog loose, hoping its splined shaft -pipe that is kept in place by clevis pin from sliding forward i think,stripped one before in 390 after tractor stopped moving, by lifting seat of and plate underneath,that was lowline cab ,this is hi-line, has anyone done this crack on hi-line, its higher but low line would be easier to rip imo.
    its only slight rattle could it be coming from any other source . thanks for help

Advertisement