Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skincare advice

Options
  • 23-02-2007 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Hey I've moved to Australia for a few months and I'm having a good time but the weather is making my face really sweaty and greasy. I guess I'm drinking a lot of alcohol too but I always try to balance out with lots of water but my face is always really shiny and I'm starting to get spots (at the sides of my nostrils is pretty bad). It's very frustrating, can anybody give me any skincare tips?

(I'm a 19yo guy btw)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

It seems you've got oily skin so this should help from <snip>
    • Cleansing: If you are using harsh soaps and alcohol-laden astringents to dry the oil discontinue immediately. Over time these products can damage your skin - and they may encourage already overactive oil glands to step up production. Try a mild Facial Cleanser every morning in the shower, followed by an astringent Toner. Exfoliate with a mild Facial Scrub two or three times per week and use a Face Mask once a week.
    • Moisturising: Go for Moisturisers that are water based because they're lighter than creams and tend to contain less oil, so they won't clog pores.
    • Sun Protection: Try oil-free Sunscreens to avoid breakouts. They'll keep your skin safe from the sun without the extra shine.

Advertisement