Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same tractor slipping out of gear

• 26-06-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

We have a Same Leopard 85 that is slipping out of reverse gear, its bad, go back every 3 yards and out it goes, you have to hold The gear stick , the forward gears are ok...is this easy to fix...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 honda300

We had a same centauro 70 that was doing the same a few years ago. She had a shuttle box tho so might be a different job, anyway was quoted €2500 to fix it. In the end we just changed the gearbox for a second hand one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Not easy to fix, but easy to ignore - hold the lever when in reverse. Worn selector ring detents usually. Bit of a pita to fix and time-consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭coyle21

Not easy to fix, but easy to ignore - hold the lever when in reverse. Worn selector ring detents usually. Bit of a pita to fix and time-consuming.

ok thanks so whats needs to be done or removed to fix the problem as real good tractor and very clean otherwise

coyle21 wrote: »
    ok thanks so whats needs to be done or removed to fix the problem as real good tractor and very clean otherwise

Split it, pull off the box and get it recond by an expert. If you go fluting in there you'll end up with a big paperweight. IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Good advice from Tail Docker, or ring a few breakers and price a correctly working one. You could get years out of it, or months! bit of a gamble. PM me if you want a few phone numbers.

• Advertisement

its just reverse gear, guy told me you can get to the box from cutting a hole in the floor of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

I would in me hole buy a box or get old one recond,just because reverse is acting up!

how long has it been doing this?Does it take much effort to hold it in reverse ??

I would in me hole buy a box or get old one recond,just because reverse is acting up!

how long has it been doing this?Does it take much effort to hold it in reverse ??

Same hymn sheet bro! :D

hi, only got it 11 months and wouldnt take me to hold it in reserve by hand but makes things awkward, thought their mite be a cheaper alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

coyle21 wrote: »
    hi, only got it 11 months and wouldnt take me to hold it in reserve by hand but makes things awkward, thought their mite be a cheaper alternative

I am not familiar with that machine, but I would presume the detents(ball and spring) is located just under gear box lid just like old CASE,FORDS,Massey etc etc.

Can You lift off the gearbox lid without removing the Cab?

• Advertisement
Advertisement