Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

04 landcruiser lc5 bits n peices

• 20-07-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an LC5 landcruiser, 04, 3L. I've had it off the road for about a year as was away with work, but have it back on the road now, and mostly things are A1.
    Before I left however, and I didn't have time to get it sorted then, someone robbed the rear spoiler off of the back of it when I was living in Dublin. It was fitted to the back door and had LED brakelights across it. Does anyone know where I could pick up similar or know of any site or dealer that might have one? The connections are there and though tbh its not that big a deal, if I could replace it I'd like to. I've kept an eye out in the mean time but have never seemed to be able to find one...
    Second on the hit list is the SatNav. It has never worked perfectly, but I've kind of gotten tired to be looking at the map the whole time but for it never to be able to plan a route, it always returns route not found. I've asked the local dealer here but honestly he'd never seen one in a Landcruiser before and hadn't any advice at all. Just wondering would an updated CD do the job or is there a software update that might be the answer?
    Finally, the dashboard lights are half gone. Now afaik its the LED system they use and its impossible to replace bulbs, so its a swap out. Again, does anyone have a price on what to look at for one of these, will newer models fit, and will I just hit scrapyards till I hit on one that will do.
    I also wouldn't mind a couple of other comforts, i'm going to be holding onto this for the long haul, and was thinking of trying to get some system in place for bluetooth stereo, or even, if it wasn't going to be a nightmare, putting in a steering wheel with controls on it for the radio etc....though i imagine once you start playing with airbags in combination with electrics your getting messy/pricey. But again, if the dash is getting replaced, would there be a window of opportunity to get anything else done then anyhow? Or would going for one of the Parrot type systems just be the easiest?

Also a declaration of incompetency as well :) if there's instructions, I can do it myself, if there isn't or they require commonsense, i'll be asking a mechanic to help me out.... :D

Thanks for the advice as always!!

Advertisement