Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordering wellies online

• 20-01-2007 4:16pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to get a pair of nice wellington boots, but they're hard enough to find in shops. Would I be safe enough ordering them online? I mean, the sizing isn't likely to be all over the place or anything, is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'd say you won't have a problem with sizing, just get whatever you normally take. Faith.co.uk , Schuh.co.uk and Office.co.uk all offer exchange/return of unsuitable footwear if it is returned in a re-saleable condition, with proof of purchase, within 28 days of purchase [either instore or the address on their website]

What style are you thinking of buying? [/nosy]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You have the right to return any online purchase within seven days if you don't like what arrives - see http://www.eccdublin.ie/publications/leaflets/subject_guides/shopon.pdf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Scraggs wrote:
    What style are you thinking of buying? [/nosy]

Something like this, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

They have some lovely ones on ebay- your normal size will usually fit but if you are goign to wear big thick socks (I wear 2 pairs in the cold) you might be a half size bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 listowelman

if you intend buying wellies i would seriously recommend hunter welliingtons - they are "the" wellies. Jenny huston wore a pink pair of them when hosting electric picnic - need i say more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

if you intend buying wellies i would seriously recommend hunter welliingtons - they are "the" wellies. Jenny huston wore a pink pair of them when hosting electric picnic - need i say more!

Hunter wellies are timeless - Kate Moss wears them to all the music festivals - You'll get sick of the pink ones...

I'm confused as to how a man from Listowel is so clued in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Faith wrote:
    Something like this, I think.

I got a present of wellingtons from this site and the sizing was perfect, a friend also got wellies from here and she had no problems either.
    Oh they're so warm and comfy, I almost want it to rain more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

I don't understand this trend at all. Maybe that's because I'm a country boy and in the country, wellies are a necessary, cold, uncomfortable evil. I wouldn't recommend buying wellies without seeing them up close though. Some have a very hard, plasticy sole which is lethal in the wet, especially on tar and concrete. Dunlop, Hunter, Hevea etc. are usually good, but I suppose you mightn't want that rustic look:) How about of Silver Kings with the tops turned down? (One for the country folk;) )

Advertisement