Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free tux, suits you sir!

Options
  • 09-02-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Suitable Company on Grafton St. are having a promo at the moment, if you buy a suit in their 395 - 700 range* you get a free tux worth €400.

I was in yesterday, picked out a nice suit, couple of shirts and ties, with alterations it came to €610, picking it up next week along with my free tux. ^_^

I'd planned on spending up to €1000 on a suit anyways so I figure its a really good deal!

Also, whilst getting my measurements taken found its no feckin wonder I find it so difficult to find jeans that fit, damn 31" waiste and 33" leg :p

*€395 is the cheapest suit they have!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow, that's a lot of money for clothing. I'm wearing a pair of jeans that cost me €6. Nothing came free with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Wow, that's a lot of money for clothing. I'm wearing a pair of jeans that cost me €6. Nothing came free with them though.
    Oh really???

check the tag!

FREE REPLACEMENT BUTTON ^_^

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice deal. Just got a suit, bit more expensive than yours, a free tux would have been nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Although a free tux sounds great,when would most people get a chance to wear it! Good marketing plan to get people in though.

If your looking for suits,Michael Barrie accross in Duke Street is probably the best there is in town,also James Herron on Dawson Street i find is pretty good also. At least you know what your getting with the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Although a free tux sounds great,when would most people get a chance to wear it! Good marketing plan to get people in though.
    Some of us have many balls and delegations to attend.
    And make believe James Bond sex games.

You could also sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Did you get to see the tux and is it tailored like the suit? I saw this ad last week and am really interested in it because in the last few months I've found myself needing a tux a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I've worn my tux countless times and I'm 21. They're a great investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Wheels wrote:
    Did you get to see the tux and is it tailored like the suit? I saw this ad last week and am really interested in it because in the last few months I've found myself needing a tux a bit.
    Yes, I both got to see and tried on the tux, its been altered to my specifications also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

This is a really good deal, read about in the Herald AM or the Metro. May go in and pick one up while the offer is there, problem is I already have quite a few suits...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 danny1

Thats quite expensive isnt it? Or is it just me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I could do with a free tux...

Don't really need a suit right now, though.

I like the idea of alterations though; I'm an awkward damn shape. (29"w, 33"leg, bizarrely long arms for my height).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Some of us have many balls

hehehe:p

ill get my coat:o

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

So say I go in there and buy a suit. Will they check my chest size and then just give me whatever suit they have in that size assuming that it'll fit me perfectly (like when I rented a tux), or do they take all those fancy measurements like your arms shoulders neck etc. and make it fit perfectly? Cause I'm a 34inch chest and have trouble getting anything off the rails to fit me.

Also wondering if there is a style of suit which would be suitable for a variety of occasions. One which would be fine for funerals, weddings, and family events? I was thinking something really basic like plain black suit just with different coloured shirts/ties depending on the events as long as it fit me really well. I know nothin about suits though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

samsamson wrote:
    So say I go in there and buy a suit. Will they check my chest size and then just give me whatever suit they have in that size assuming that it'll fit me perfectly (like when I rented a tux), or do they take all those fancy measurements like your arms shoulders neck etc. and make it fit perfectly? Cause I'm a 34inch chest and have trouble getting anything off the rails to fit me.

Also wondering if there is a style of suit which would be suitable for a variety of occasions. One which would be fine for funerals, weddings, and family events? I was thinking something really basic like plain black suit just with different coloured shirts/ties depending on the events as long as it fit me really well. I know nothin about suits though.

You best head round to Louis Copeland for some expert advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Agree that buying a tux is very useful (2+ wears and you've saved money over renting already).

But if the tux is free in suitable company, that just says to me that their suits are normally overpriced. I wonder if you didn't want/need the tux how much would they discount by?

Advertisement