Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature independent adult and sudent grant

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All, I have question about my grant if someone can help. I am qualified adult dependent of person who is on Invalidity Pension and I am going to DIT this year(I am not that old :) .The think is can I get "special rate of maintenance" if I am not getting any social welfare payments on myself.
    As I said my husband is on invalidity pension and our income is low below €22,700 as is recuired for non-adgacent rate.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Yes, if you are married and qualify as an independent mature student with your husband in receipt of a qualifying payment and the total reckonable household income under €22,703, then you should get special rate.

As long as you are not in receipt of any reckonable payment that may qualify you for BTEA.
    For Example: Jobseekers Allowance or Benefit may entitle you to BTEA, which is worth more than the special rate maintenance over the 9 months of the academic year.

Advertisement