Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI

Options
  • 19-05-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm going to Budapest college this September and I'm wondering whether or not I am eligible for a maintenance grant. I'm Irish and I've been working full time since September 2013.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are you going under Erasmus?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

No, just starting in first year. Taking a year out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well then no.

You can only get grants for colleges in Ireland and the UK

Its in the regulations here

www.susi.ie/SUSI-information/The-Student-Grant-Scheme-2013.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

This is wrong
    Well then no.

You can only get grants for colleges in Ireland and the UK

Its in the regulations here

http://www.susi.ie/SUSI-information/...heme-2013.aspx

SUSI do not pay the FEES part of the grant for undergraduate approved courses outside of Island of Ireland (32 Counties), but you may be eligible for the maintenance part for undergraduate only.
    A Post Graduate fee contribution is paid to eligible courses within the state (26 Counties) and only some Courses in Northern Ireland, there is no funding for any Post Graduate courses beyond this.
    PLC Courses or equivalent are not eligible for a any part of the grant outside the state (26 Counties)

Here

In order to receive funding under the Student Grant Scheme 2014 to pursue a course outside of the State, the course must meet the following criteria:

◦ It must be provided by an institution which is situated in an EU Member State
    ◦ It must be provided by an educational institution that offers higher education and training, and which is maintained or assisted by recurrent grants from public funds
    ◦ It must be full-time, and take not less than 2 years to complete
    ◦ It must lead to a major higher education and training qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent

Advertisement