Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crafting for xmas

Options
  • 01-07-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Today I officially starting my sewing for the xmas craft fairs. I would love your opinion.

Do you think these would sell

Would you buy one if you saw it at a xmas fair

How much would you expect to pay for one given that it is fully quilted

Thanks alot

Comments

Yes, they would sell. I would buy a lot of smaller ones to have on my tree! You could also make them suitable to hang cards from. I would only quilt the larger ones. Would have to do a proper costing, materials, time etc. Good Luck with them. Colours would need to be more Christmassy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Yes, they would sell. I would buy a lot of smaller ones to have on my tree! You could also make them suitable to hang cards from. I would only quilt the larger ones. Would have to do a proper costing, materials, time etc. Good Luck with them. Colours would need to be more Christmassy!

Hi thanks for taking time to reply Never thought about making xmas card holders good idea I might try one not quilted to see how it turns out . I have alot of lovely poinsettia fabricas well :)

Where do you sell them? I mean what part of the country? Good Luck with them. You might post a pic of them on display!

Where do you sell them? I mean what part of the country? Good Luck with them. You might post a pic of them on display!

Would sell them in north of the county and Northern Ireland here is another wee pic

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

lulu1 wrote: »
    Would sell them in north of the county and Northern Ireland here is another wee pic
    The bag is lovely. Really well constructed and good looking as well. I'd expect to pay about €8-12 euro for it depending on the market location. Give a good back story and a really good location and you can add 30% to that - cos people buy people as much as stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Love the bag too- I bought one very similar to it recently and paid €12 for it. After one use though, the strap started to detach from the bag, so if I was on the lookout for another one I'd probably pay double that for very secure stitching or a bag that has the straps as part of the fabric cut.

lulu1 wrote: »
    Today I officially starting my sewing for the xmas craft fairs. I would love your opinion.

Do you think these would sell

Would you buy one if you saw it at a xmas fair

How much would you expect to pay for one given that it is fully quilted

Thanks alot
    Another pic

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Hi I like your work , though I think both the bow and the stockings need some sort of embellishment. Like felt holly or berries or felt tree, something like that. The bow I would think about 6 euros as it is but if had embellishment than I would pay more for it. Bows are common at Christmas so you should try and make yours a bit different. The same with the stockings. Just a thought.

All the best to you :)

Advertisement