Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itching

Options
  • 24-01-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm 20 weeks and itching like mad all over my belly and boobs. Does anyone know if antihistamine is safe to take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Not 100% contact your doctor but personally I would not use them especially so early on. I found I got very itchy on belly and boobs too its from the skin stretching, don't have too hot showers as this will dry out the skin and keep well moisturised I found this helped a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 24 KD3107

Thanks, really irritating a wire brush is looking attractive to scratch with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Not 100% contact your doctor but personally I would not use them especially so early on. I found I got very itchy on belly and boobs too its from the skin stretching, don't have too hot showers as this will dry out the skin and keep well moisturised I found this helped a lot

I agree - contact gp. But I also found using huge amounts of moisturizer helped - I found the la Roche posay baume v.good as is anti itch - also the aveeno is v.giid. If ya get very bad a cool bath can help. But if it get v.bad u need to contact doc anyway! Done itching is normal due to stretching but extreme itching can be a sign of an underlying condition which doctor must treat. Palmers also good! God I've tried them all - I am 36 weeks and can't moisturizer my belly enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

KD3107 wrote: »
    Thanks, really irritating a wire brush is looking attractive to scratch with.

I had to trim all my nails right back... Kept waking up like I'd been fighting with a cat!!

I found Palmers cocoa butter the best. Don't buy it in boots though its like 3 times the price of what you can get it for in a chemist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

As some lovely person here suggested to me here when i was nearly scratching my legs and boobs off, aloe vera gel! It worked great

Yes aloe vera is great I keep it in the fridge gets nice and cold and that helps soothe the itch too its great for helping to help any scratches you get too

Advertisement