Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cross browser compatability

Options
  • 09-07-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Hi all... just having an issue with table alignment in Firefox. My site looks fine in IE, but the tables align to the left in Firefox... any ideas would be appreciated. I have been searching up on it, but there are reams of articles on this, and none with a quick and specific answer, many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

FOr anyone looking for something interesting regarding cross browser compatibility - check this out. https://browserlab.adobe.com/index.html

put in a align="center" on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Probably not relevant for this, and I'm sure everyone know it, but the defaults for Firefox are listed in [assuming default path]:
    [C:\Program Files\]Mozilla Firefox\res\html.css

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

align=center is the old, non-CSS way.

Set margin-left and margin-right on the table, depending on what it's parent element is set to.

Given that IE has it centred, I'd assume that you have text-align:center on the parent ?

For FF to pick up on that, you'll need the table to have margin:auto.

Advertisement