Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st Anne's park

Options
  • 07-10-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hiya, I'm thinking of shooting a video in this lovely park. Me playing a song on the guitar kind of thing. I've never been there before though, I'm looking for a specific location. Would anyone know when in the park that is? And would it be busy around that area? Or do you think I should be fine to shoot a 4 minute song anytime during the day?

6999874494_64694abdda.jpg

Thank you for being eternally lovely.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

4 minutes might be pushing it pal. The druggies will have you robbed after 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

JaneWillow wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm thinking of shooting a video in this lovely park. Me playing a song on the guitar kind of thing. I've never been there before though, I'm looking for a specific location. Would anyone know when in the park that is? And would it be busy around that area? Or do you think I should be fine to shoot a 4 minute song anytime during the day?

Herculanean House The Herculanean House is situated near what was originally the northwestern corner of the walled garden near the house. (which was closer to the sea front)

which isn't very good directions but its around there

there's a map and some study of the follies here http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture-dublin-city-parks-visit-park/st-annes-park?language=en

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What an attractive picture, Bord Failte should use it to promote Dublin as a place to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ODEON123

Depends what time like the park empties out pretty earlier on weekdays so maybe then or even in the morning when its still early

The park isnt dodgey that area of it should be okay for early morning videoing

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ODEON123

Its hard to explain where it is, I know the park by the back of my hand

Heres my best attempt, IF you enter at the avenue gate the big white gates with large pillars you walk all the way to the end of it should take maybe 30mins max its a nice walk you will come to a hill walk over the hill and take a left and you should see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

ODEON123 wrote: »
    Its hard to explain where it is, I know the park by the back of my hand

Heres my best attempt, IF you enter at the avenue gate the big white gates with large pillars you walk all the way to the end of it should take maybe 30mins max its a nice walk you will come to a hill walk over the hill and take a left and you should see it

Yes that's it, the hill at the end of the avenue is actually the remains of the old house which was demolished and grassed over. The folly is as you say is adjacent to the hill, to the left. The Park is quiet enough these days, it has had its dodgy moments over the years.

Advertisement