Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto X (2014)

• 29-09-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Thoughts on this?

When I first saw it I was in love. As summer faded though, so did the romance. It seems the phone has a battery comparable to the Nexus 5.

To be released tomorrow.(according to amazon.co.uk)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I'd love one but just a tad too big for me. It's the perfect time to get the original Moto X though (which I'd like but was just too dear).

Side note: Moto Maker is on the UK now and you can use Parcel Motel to order one - https://www.motorola.co.uk/motomaker?pid=FLEXR2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It seems the phone has a battery comparable to the Nexus 5.

The camera isn't meant to be up to much, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

From reading reviews looks like a very decent phone. Great amoled screen and actually useful features like active display and voice controls. Camera and battery life are average which is probably why it is relatively reasonably priced. Can be had from german amazon for 499 (Need to use mail forwarding service like mailboxde), also clove is cheaper than amazon uk as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I don't really expect much from a camera phone. I brought my Nexus 4 on holidays and when I got back bought a real camera. Pictures were not great.

Suppose I'll have to wait a while to see if regular users get a full day out of the battery. I might be spoiled with the MotoG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

This is one of those very few phones that makes me want to go to the hassle of ordering from the US.

I don't need it, but the new Moto X is gorgeous. I have too many phones as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sonics2k wrote: »
    This is one of those very few phones that makes me want to go to the hassle of ordering from the US.
    Look at the second comment from me, you can order from the UK (to your Parcel Motel account).

Or just Amazon it. (Link in the OP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

advertsfox wrote: »
    Look at the second comment from me, you can order from the UK (to your Parcel Motel account).

Oh I know I can get it. But I have 3 phones already and hardly need another yet. Massive of my Nexus dies I'll get it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

That article is a year old and is talking about the Moto X 2013

• Advertisement

That article is a year old and is talking about the Moto X 2013

Yeah, a friend linked a 2013 review that connected to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 c1aran

Hi, I've been trying to order this phone using Motorola's Moto Maker site, and it won't accept my debit card. Motorola says that it must be a UK debit card for them to be able to accept it. Any suggestions as to how I could buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

New Erica Griffin review of Moto X. She's the queen of detailed reviews - 37 minutes long!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

c1aran wrote: »
    Hi, I've been trying to order this phone using Motorola's Moto Maker site, and it won't accept my debit card. Motorola says that it must be a UK debit card for them to be able to accept it. Any suggestions as to how I could buy it?

Have you had any joy with this? Interested in getting one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Speaking of Moto Maker according to the Erica Griffin review above the wooden back looks a bit shoddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

c1aran wrote: »

Just use your normal card number and address but put the country as United Kingdom and postcode as BT36 4PE.

Visa don't check the full address, only the first 2 lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭noellinnane

Tried ordering through Moto Maker (UK), order went through but got put on hold a couple days later because I didn't use a UK issued card.

Have ordered one off Pixmania now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 c1aran

Emmo-m- wrote:
    Have you had any joy with this? Interested in getting one myself.

Haven't had any luck unfortunately, got a relative living in Belfast to order it for me. An absolutely fantastic phone by the way, have had it about a week and am loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Hi- I'm thinking of getting a 2014 Moto X- about €300 from pixmania. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has one.

I had a 2014 Moto G- it died after 6 months! I should probably steer clear of Motorola now but I really liked the phone! I'm torn between the 2015 Moto G or a 2014 Moto X. Personally, the bamboo Moto X is the coolest looking phone I've ever seen!! (Perhaps not the best reason to get one though!)

Appreciate any feedback.

Advertisement