Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony xperia Ultra :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

6.4 inch display. Now theres a monster of a phone. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Chinpool wrote: »
    6.4 inch display. Now theres a monster of a phone. :eek:

Think that is what stood out most to me looks class love size of it :) would it be something you would buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Think that is what stood out most to me looks class love size of it :) would it be something you would buy?

Yeah, I would but it'll be frightfully expensive.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Yeah, I would but it'll be frightfully expensive.[/QU

I say that nearly all these cool phones coming out pretty expensive but, i guessing 600-700 euro . then again for me since i love phone s be worth saving for me :)

Personally, as someone who is 6' 4" with big hands and who barely makes any calls, I would be all over this. I just want the biggest, most powerful thing that I can fit into my pocket, I don't want to be carrying around both a phone and tablet when they both do the same thing. However, the Galaxy Mega has only mid range specs, and this seems to have a very large bezel and a meh battery for its size. I guess I'll have to wait some more. Give me a 6.5 inch 1080p phone with a snapdragon 800 processor, 2gb ram and a 5000mah battery and make me drool.

• Advertisement

Personally, as someone who is 6' 4" with big hands and who barely makes any calls, I would be all over this. I just want the biggest, most powerful thing that I can fit into my pocket, I don't want to be carrying around both a phone and tablet when they both do the same thing. However, the Galaxy Mega has only mid range specs, and this seems to have a very large bezel and a meh battery for its size. I guess I'll have to wait some more. Give me a 6.5 inch 1080p phone with a snapdragon 800 processor, 2gb ram and a 5000mah battery and make me drool.

Haha i like the way you think about phones :) the bigger better for me even tough dont have big hands and am only 5,2 height haha but who cares big phones class and making them thinner to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45uTBGftkQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player I can't wait lads it looks ridiculously good. I know it's gonna look a bit trigger happy tv up to your ear but with the new bluetooth headset and smartwatch it's gonna be epic.
    One question though, have any of you heard anything about the camera technology as to why it doesn't have a Flash? Does it have a sensor that's capable of taking in me light or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

any news on a release date in Ireland for this?

Apparently it's not coming to O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Apparently it's not coming to O2

The Aviva gets better acts anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Meh, its Sony. There are better phone makers out there. I'd take a Note 3 if given the choice.

I mailed Sony through their FB page about an Irish release date but they don't have any info. Other people have asked on their page and they say that details will be coming soon though. All in all, if you have a Sony query, send them a FB mail. They got back to me within 5 mins.

Has anyone heard about a release date for this over here.......if there even is one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ultra GPe is available through Google Play in the US - Prices for Sim free seem good on Amazon at the moment so maybe get it through Parcel Motel - however I wouldn't touch Sony Android phones with someone else's barge pole
    http://androidandme.com/2013/12/news/sony-z-ultra-google-play-edition-comes-with-some-serious-bugs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Looks great but it's just too big. I have the note 3 and love it but I just could not imagine going any bigger.

Any update on an Irish release date or is it a no go?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Was looking for an existing thread on this instead of creating a new one.

Anyone else here own one of these? They're a serious bargain now on a number of sites: < €300.

I picked one up instead of the Nexus 6 (too pricey) or an OPO (too many issues and zero support).

Sony have great support for custom ROMs. I'm running a GPE Lollipop port on mine- it's very sweet, and love the screen, even if the size prompts lots of Dom Joly massive phone mockery from friends :pac:

Advertisement