Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rust Inhibitors (VCI) Bullfrog

Options
  • 05-10-2015 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Anyone using these rust inhibitors in their gun safes. Do they work and can you get them in gun shops or only online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Any time I get those little moisture absorbing bags in new packaging I chuck them in the bottom of the safe. These look pretty good but I have no first hand experience with them myself.

They sold locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

i put a dehumidifier in mine much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

This is what i was looking at

http://www.bull-frog.com/products/#emitters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

juice1304 wrote: »
    i put a dehumidifier in mine much easier.

What kind of model do you have juice1304? The only ones I am familiar with are way too big for my safe, or do you just have a big safe :D

I'd imagine he's talking about the plastic tray that you add silica crystals too.

• Advertisement

This product I'm talking about is different to that it creates a micro barrier layer on the metal to block oxygen and moisture from creating rust.

Dehumidifers simply remove moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

hexosan wrote: »
    This product I'm talking about is different to that it creates a micro barrier layer on the metal to block oxygen and moisture from creating rust.

Dehumidifers simply remove moisture.

Looked at these myself a while back and the more looking around I did, it seems that the only conclusive evidence that they do anything, is provided by the manumanufactur. Don't have the links to hand but a bit of searching will find them.

amadablam wrote: »
    Looked at these myself a while back and the more looking around I did, it seems that the only conclusive evidence that they do anything, is provided by the manumanufactur. Don't have the links to hand but a bit of searching will find them.

Interested in see that.
    They do seem to use them in the commercial sector so I can't see it been complete bull. Plus they are pretty cheap €10 for 1-2yrs cover in a safe. That's not bad insurance to cover a couple of grand in firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Vegeta wrote: »
    What kind of model do you have juice1304? The only ones I am familiar with are way too big for my safe, or do you just have a big safe :D

I have one of these in the safe, but yes it is a pretty large safe 10 gun but you can fit ten scoped rifles in it if you want.

modern-mini-small-dehumidifier-for-bathroom-ideas-photo.jpg

Advertisement