Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So which one?

• 03-10-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a hard choice

The Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Im kinda leaning towards the sony but just very unsure, anyone have an opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Headshot wrote: »
    Here's a hard choice

The Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Im kinda leaning towards the sony but just very unsure, anyone have an opinion?

I had a go with the Z1 recently at work, used it for a few hours.

I admit I wasn't too taken with the Z, but the Z1 runs like a dream. Even one of our die hard Samsung fans has pre-ordered one for himself.
    The lens attachment is brilliant too.
    I'm still not overly taken with just how chunky it feels in the hand, a bit to large compared to the S4 and One.

My personal recommendation would be the HTC One. I moved to it from the S3, and even after a month using the S4 and iPhone 5 I found myself favouring the HTC One over all others.

It's extremely stable, I can't make it lag no matter how hard I try, the camera is great (though the front camera could be a tad clearer) and it feels wonderful to hold. It's also due to get 4.3 during this month, maybe next month depending on the network.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

HTC One

It is a matter of opinion between those 3 phones. All this thread is going to give you is "I have X and couldn't be happier. You should get X" posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

HTC One all day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I especially leaning towards the sony because of the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Having had Sony, HTC, Samsung and Nexus devices I would advise you stay clear of the Sony.

I tried it out in a shop recently and ergonomics are not good on it. previous experience with Sony also gives me the willies with chronic software that's mega buggy. Screen is also an issue and Its too damn square. The HTC one is lovely in the hand and steady as rock. Samsung is nice but a bit cheapo feeling but has all the bells and whistles.

I would hold out for the Nexus 5 as its by far the best thing I have tried.
    BTW I have only tried a Nexus 4 phone and not had the 5!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

HTC One... really great phone

Whats the HTC One screen like for reflection and direct sunlight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Whats the HTC One screen like for reflection and direct sunlight?

I live in the desert in the middle east, have it set to auto and it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

HTC One, had it for 4 months and extremely happy with it. I've been with Sony for a good while and decided to make the switch which has been a great move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Cloonara Flyer

Having used both the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4, I'd pick the HTC One,
    It's a fantastic phone with a great screen, the design of the phone is also better and I have to say it's a great looking phone compared to the plastic chassis of the S4.
    I rather HTC's blinkfeed compared to Samsung's Touchwiz as Touchwiz is now feeling a bit outdated and blinkfeed is very slick.
    I rather the camera to be honest on the HTC as it takes low light pictures better but if your into taking shots in the daylight, the S4 is probably the better choice.
    It's important to note that the HTC has no expanded memory but it comes with a generous 32GB of on board storage. The S4 has 16GB of on board storage but with the option of adding a micro sd card.
    Having used both phones, I rather the HTC One but the S4 is still a fantastic phone!

I forgot to update this

Im a proud owner of the HTC one, recommendations I got here have helped me alot

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I live in the desert in the middle east, have it set to auto and it's great.

I thought you were joking for a minute. "I live in the desert":confused:
    and then I seen your location middle east. Wow things have moved on alot, that you can get internet in the desert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I thought you were joking for a minute. "I live in the desert":confused:
    and then I seen your location middle east. Wow things have moved on alot, that you can get internet in the desert.

Was thinking the same with your location, have Vodafone finally sorted the internet on Mars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

I forgot to update this

Im a proud owner of the HTC one, recommendations I got here have helped me alot

Thanks

Feel free to give us your review on it. Kind of in the same boat myself with the three phones on offer.

Anyone know where I can get the HTC One in the stealth black colour. Can only seem to find it with meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Was thinking the same with your location, have Vodafone finally sorted the internet on Mars?

No there is no Vodafone on Mars just Xefron communications. We have 8G LTE, blazing fast downloads and also uploads.

Advertisement