Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bitches heat after litter

Options
  • 23-07-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi
    My collie bitch had a litter of pups in march, she came in to heat every 6 months on the dot. When should she be back in season as I don't want her breed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

It will be 6 months from when she started her heat the last time. It's not 6 months from when the pups are born.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Madden171

She was in heat in January so she will prob come in soon so if you go by the 6 months
    Thanks

Yeah she will. A lot of people think it's 6 months after the pups but it's 6 months from the start of her last season if she goes every 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Madden171 wrote: »
    Hi
    My collie bitch had a litter of pups in march, she came in to heat every 6 months on the dot. When should she be back in season as I don't want her breed.
    Thanks

If you know when she goes in to heat every time on the dot then surly you can tell when she comes into heat next time the same way you knew she was in heat the other times.

Also heat times can change, so 6 months is not reliable.

Dodd they were asking if they come in season as normal or will it be 6 months since pups were born, valid query really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Madden171

Thank you andreac for your reply.
    Appreciated

Advertisement