Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salamander Pump

Options
  • 14-01-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi, My pump is acting up, how do I check the pressure switches? On Company site all it says is "Call for info" no reference to spare parts. Thanks, Its a RSP 75

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 salamanderken

Good afternoon,

The good news is that the RSP pumps do not work on pressure but rather on a flow rate of 1ltr/30 seconds per side of the pump.

If the pump is dead:

The first thing to do to test the pump is simply plug it in and turn it upside down and see if the pump activates.

if the pump is running all the time:

You may be looking at the pump and would at this stage disconnect one flow switch at a time from the PCB (usually connected to JP4-JP5/J4-J5) and see if this stops the pump from running on which would show if it’s a faulty reed switch/hall effect sensor or stuck float.

If it runs with both of the flow switches disconnected, it would be a new PCB that is required.

Best regards

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Thanks for the reply! I had to but a new one, housing was worn where the circlip holding on the impeller was broken and had caught in the impeller causing deep gouging, couldn't get it to seal again even with new O rings. Pretty rubbish considering the price of Salamander, needs a decent metal housing.

Advertisement