Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good experience with a plumber

• 10-08-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've done this before when I had a good job done by a roofing crowd so hopefully this is ok to put in here.

I've had an issue with my boiler for the last few months w it losing pressure. I think inertia sets in when it comes to getting stuff like that sorted out, especially when it involves having to find a tradesman. I'd mentioned to my sister that it was on my summer list of things to get sorted and she said she'd had a great experience with a plumber. I came him a text this morning and he was down to me within an hour, had the issue fixed within another two and came me a good quote to do other work I had on my list (flush, one new rad, all valves replaced w thermostatic ones) which he can start on Monday :)

He's from Meath originally, lives in Louth and was down to me in Phibsboro pretty pronto today so I imagine he covers dublin/louth/meath.

So, if you want his number just give me a PM...

c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Are all the good ones not busy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I like your confidence in praising a plumber before they do the job. Its fine. Just dont post his name number.

Are all the good ones not busy?

No, there are more RGIs than there is work and there is a lot of work being done by unskilled workers who are now RGI's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I like your confidence in praising a plumber before they do the job. Its fine. Just dont post his name number.

That did occur to me :) I was posting initially based on his promptness at coming down and how quickly he fixed the main issue I had. He's a gas lad, apparently from a long line (8!) of plumbers on his Dad's side.

I'll update after Monday :P :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Seems like a pretty pointless thread IMHO!

Think we can all be prompt (in the summer especially), I make a point of being prompt and on time always!
    And would like to think most of the guy who post here are pretty good at what they do, so much so the share it with others here for free,
    and try to help out the public here to where they can.

PM me for any of their contact details!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

DGOBS wrote: »
    Seems like a pretty pointless thread IMHO!

Think we can all be prompt (in the summer especially), I make a point of being prompt and on time always!
    And would like to think most of the guy who post here are pretty good at what they do, so much so the share it with others here for free,
    and try to help out the public here to where they can.

PM me for any of their contact details!

New to boards... Relativley speaking... Just give him a chance. ;)

New to boards... Relativley speaking... Just give him a chance. ;)

Daddy DOGBS was baby sitting yesterday, to much pepper pig can make a fella grumpy:pac:

Yeah, much prefer Spongebob (without the babysitting!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

So just to follow up on this, he arrived on time this morning, and did the job as quoted and left my house nice and tidy.

I didn't realise there were so many professionals in this forum who might take offense at my post, I just know in other areas I like to see a personal recommendation from an experienced boardsie. In this case I suspect following the advice offered over the years by the professionals within this forum would be a better approach (and something which never occurred to me when I was trying to find a plumber! I wonder if some kind of tradesman review system within boards might work?).

c

I wasn't offended, it just seemed like an advert IMHO and unessesary.

Other boards do offer a forum on 'recommended tradesmen' but have seen it get abused and used as advertisment areas.

All good tradesmen 'should' behave in the manner you described, but unfortunately not always the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Massey N

hi

looking for a reliable plumber in Meath around the Navan area please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Phibsboro wrote: »
    So just to follow up on this, he arrived on time this morning, and did the job as quoted and left my house nice and tidy.

I didn't realise there were so many professionals in this forum who might take offense at my post, I just know in other areas I like to see a personal recommendation from an experienced boardsie. In this case I suspect following the advice offered over the years by the professionals within this forum would be a better approach (and something which never occurred to me when I was trying to find a plumber! I wonder if some kind of tradesman review system within boards might work?).

c

Did he show you his insurance details? Did he give a VAT receipt? Or a receipt with his address on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Massey N wrote: »
    hi

looking for a reliable plumber in Meath around the Navan area please[/quote.
    ]

You might be better off starting a new tread as your request will get lost in this 2 year old tread
    ie "plumber needed in Navan"

Advertisement