Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC's Digital Radio Stations

Options
  • 23-10-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭

I have noticed over the last two years that a number of stations are no longer available on UPC's digital radio stations selection on the TV, or at least on the basic package. I'm thinking of Radio Caroline, Kiss, Planet Rock, Capital Gold and very recently Smooth Radio.

What is left is all the BBC stations, all the RTE stations, all our national stations already available on FM, all the Dublin commercial music-oriented licensed stations, Galway Bay FM, 4FM, UCB and WRN.

What has happened here? Do you have to subscribe to an optional extra package in order to have the same variety of stations as before? Will we lose any more stations or will we get more again?

So many questions. If someone knows what is going on........

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I suspect any station that charges them carriage had been dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

I have noticed over the last two years that a number of stations are no longer available on UPC's digital radio stations selection on the TV, or at least on the basic package. I'm thinking of Radio Caroline, Kiss, Planet Rock, Capital Gold and very recently Smooth Radio.

What is left is all the BBC stations, all the RTE stations, all our national stations already available on FM, all the Dublin commercial music-oriented licensed stations, Galway Bay FM, 4FM, UCB and WRN.

What has happened here? Do you have to subscribe to an optional extra package in order to have the same variety of stations as before? Will we lose any more stations or will we get more again?

So many questions. If someone knows what is going on........

It's possible UPC were taking feed from Sky and many UK stations have come off that platform because of carriage fees. In addition a lot of UK stations no longer allow their signals to be rebroadcast outside UK over music copyright issues . Another case of record industry getting it wrong.

Advertisement