Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

salamander pump

• 19-01-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just wondering about my shower pump. had a shower just there off the mixer shower.
    when i came downstairs and passed the hotpress there was an odd smell and the salamander pump was very hot to the touch.

first time i used the upstairs shower so im wondering is it something to do with water tank. it had frozen and there was an airlock in the triton shower in the other bathroom so is there an airlock in the pump or mixer shower?

any help would be appreciated

pump is ct 54 twin

rr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

was it a burning smell? pump could have been running dry

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ronald reagan

yeah maybe, how do i go about bleeding the pump so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 salamanderken

Good afternoon,

Good news is that if there is an airlock in the system, this usually means that there would be no flow, therefore the pump wouldn't be able to activate as it works on flow rate.

A burning smell tends to mean that the pump has seized or stuck and can be caused by a multitude of factors which your plumber will be able to advised on better.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I hope 3 and a half years later the op has the air lock sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 salamanderken

Well lets hope so!

But hopefully if anyone else stumbles across the post it might help them

• Advertisement
Advertisement