Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boiler turning on itself

• 09-09-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Maybe a very rookie question but,
    ive just got my boiler going again after the summer and even though its switched off at the timer on the wall it keeps kicking in and out throughout the day by itself. It isnt heating the radiators unless it is switched on properly but seems we are putting oil in it to heat up the boiler house any one got any reason why this is happening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Maybe a very rookie question but,
    ive just got my boiler going again after the summer and even though its switched off at the timer on the wall it keeps kicking in and out throughout the day by itself. It isnt heating the radiators unless it is switched on properly but seems we are putting oil in it to heat up the boiler house any one got any reason why this is happening

Is there a frost stat? Maybe it's broken...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jameseverard

Is there a frost stat? Maybe it's broken...

whats a frost stat and how would i know its broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

If you have a zoned heating then one of the motorized valves is faulty and need replacing.
    Your timeclock ONLY turns on the valve. The valve then turns on boiler when it opens, or in your case, maybe faulty.

It would need a component plumber or electricans to diagnose which one & replace.

scudo2 wrote: »
    If you have a zoned heating then one of the motorized valves is faulty and need replacing.
    Your timeclock ONLY turns on the valve. The valve then turns on boiler when it opens, or in your case, maybe faulty.

It would need a component plumber or electricans to diagnose which one & replace.

have you any rough idea of what sort of money im looking at for parts alone have a registered plumber mate that will do the work but cant get a hold of him so just trying to work out how much im looking at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

It would look something like this http://www.electricirelandstore.ie/Product/sunvic-frost-protection-kit-for-central-heating-boiler/1158/100 ,You could see if you have one in the boiler house

• Advertisement

yea think we have one like it though looks like it was installed 30 years ago with the house

Froststat could be faulty, but generaly from my experience, if you have a zoned heating ????
    Do you?

I'd be looking at motorized valve, it's a more common fault than a frost stat, I could be wrong, hence my recommendation to get a component professional to diagnose fault, which would be easy enough.
    Thermostat €25
    Valve €60
    "aprox"

thats great lads and lassies thanks very much

thats great lads and lassies thanks very much

I for one, am a full blooded steak eating male with a mocho van.

Cheers anyway, let us know how you get on pz.

haha have to be politically correct no reason we cant have female boiler geeks haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

I for one, am a full blooded steak eating male with a mocho van.

Cheers anyway, let us know how you get on pz.

u get a new van scudo :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

jimf wrote: »
    u get a new van scudo :P:P

He did. Gonna call himself HUMMER1 now :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    He did. Gonna call himself HUMMER1 now :)

"APACHE 2"
    Great for the opposition.

"Apache 1" shot down over Kilkenny !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

"APACHE 2"
    Great for the opposition.

"Apache 1" shot down over Kilkenny !

I wonder who done that any suspects scudo ;);)

Advertisement