Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions needed [peugeot 307 cuts out]

• 30-01-2015 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I have a 2003 peugeot 307 1.4hdi with 201k on the clock.
    I never had a major issue with it, drives well and still returns 55mpg.
    Lately however I have been having an annoying issue, when I stop at a junction it displays symptoms like fuel starvation. It might happen only one in five times but generally at an awkward time ie when the lights turn green and you have a line of traffic behind:mad:. I can come to a stop at a junction, into neutral and foot off the accelerator revs steady at 1800rpm and without warning it starts to hunt, I try gently teasing it with the accelerator but no good it will cut out. It can stagger on for 20 seconds like this before stopping. It starts immediately on the key and everything is fine till the next time. Fuel filter replaced about 8k miles ago, pulls smoothly, smooth gear change. Mechanic cant fit me in til Monday week, in the meantime is there anything I can try or think about.
    Any suggestions gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Could be many things from low fuel pressure/crankshaft sensor signal/accel pedal.......I'd get it plugged in and see what faults if any are logged.
    Where are you based as someone on here maybe able to plugin for you..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Thanks Row
    I'm in Listowel, Kerry.
    As far as I know my mechanic has a Generic reader, wouldnt be as effective as the real thing I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Thanks Row
    I'm in Listowel.
    As far as I know my mechanic has a Generic reader which wouldnt be as good as the real thing I imagine

Advertisement