Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail contacts history gone

Options
  • 18-06-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My gmail client on my phone will not prompt email addresses to which I have sent stuff before.

This is a new "feature" anyone any ideas why ?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi,

My gmail client on my phone will not prompt email addresses to which I have sent stuff before.

This is a new "feature" anyone any ideas why ?

Thanks
    Rob

Mine is working. I updated to the latest version & reverted back as I didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Discodog wrote: »
    Mine is working. I updated to the latest version & reverted back as I didn't like it.

Do I have to find an old APK and install that ?

thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

well thats a stupid move by google, or am i getting this mixed up? (my version is still the same) is the new version stoppin you from selecting from a drop down of sorts when you start typing in the name? so now i have to type in the full address of the person i want to send it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

not for all the ones in my previous list but some folk I mail regularly that show up on my desktop wont show up on my Galaxy S3 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I didn't revert because of this issue. I hated losing the simple check boxes for archiving & deleting. Luckily the old version was in my back ups. I can't see any advantage to the new version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Discodog wrote: »
    I didn't revert because of this issue. I hated losing the simple check boxes for archiving & deleting. Luckily the old version was in my back ups. I can't see any advantage to the new version.

Tap the avatar icon to the left of the list. It's the equivalent of ticking the checkbox on the old version. You can still archive/delete using the icons at the top.

The email prompt works for me too. If start typing "da" into the "To" field, I get a list of all the "Daves" on my list and I can scroll through them.

The new version has the same functionality as the old one, it just works a little differently.

Advertisement