Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

2nd post smiley-bounce014.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

continued from here

have at it boys.

p.s Dont think Suarez is going anywhere, instead its time to get him some help
    Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So clean and shiny.

For now :D

Who is going to do the stats from the old thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Tags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh-boy-Here-we-go.jpg

animated-gifs-10-1.gif?w=700&h=
    This species needs more research. I will report back in a bit :D
    amiable wrote: »
    I'll have to get out the laptop weiner to appreciate this
    FYP :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

shay-laren-bouncing-boobs.gif

FYP :P

I....I...I think I'm in love.

Not with you Lucky.

sh__93 wrote: »
    I....I...I think I'm in love.

Not with you Lucky.

changed the gif to a smaller file size :D

just saw the white text :D. Thanks but im taken :P

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1st page? My life is complete!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Tags!

Where did they go?....blame Suarez?

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1217667-no-worries-over-raheem-sterlings-new-liverpool-fc-contract,-says-rodgers.html
    Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling's new Liverpool contract talks will be 'straightforward'.

The attacker made became a fully fledged England international earlier this week in their friendly defeat to Sweden amid intense speculation about his long-term future with the Reds.

Reports had claimed that Sterling's representatives had demanded an improved deal worth £50,000 per week, with Tottenham said to be weighing up a move for the teenage prodigy.

Sterling dismissed the claims as "rubbish" via Twitter and insisted that the deal was on hold until he turned 18 next month, but his swift deletion of the comment sparked further mystery.

Rodgers, however, does not foresee any significant issues in the negotiation process for the 17-year-old, who was drafted into the Anfield youth set up two years ago from Queens Park Rangers.

He said: "I think it'll be pretty straightforward.

"I think Raheem himself, his representatives [and] his family, they know he's at the best club he can ever be at for his development, short and long-term, so that'll be resolved.

"There won't be an issue there."

In spite of the Three Lions' 4-2 humbling at the Friends Arena on Wednesday night, Rodgers believes the experience that came with Sterling's introduction to the senior international scene will prove beneficial to his progress for both for club and country in years to come.

"I think the biggest thing you can do with kids is give them a chance and give them an opportunity so long as they're showing on a daily basis that they're worthy of that opportunity - and that's been the case with Raheem," he admitted.

"Since the day I walked in here he's improved and got better and that's a great credit to him, because he has to want to improve and become a better player - and you can see that he's done that.

"So every other minute of his game, tactically, he's becoming better all the time and you see him there [for England] I think every Liverpool supporter and anyone connected with the club would be very proud of his performance.

"As a 17-year-old kid in that environment, I thought he did very, very well."

He added: "In particular for young players, I just believe the more experiences you have the better you'll become so, for him, he's earned that right to be there.

"He's been one of the top young players in the country this season. He's a real threat, he's dynamic but thankfully he's still got a lot to improve on which will hopefully bode well for Liverpool, first and foremost, and internationally after that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rafa Rafael
    Rafa Rafael
    Rafa Rafael
    Rafael Benitez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anyone get tickets today in the sale? Managed to bag Everton, Chelsea and a few others. Off to Wigan game Sat, hope it's better than the last trip(Utd) :-(

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone get tickets today in the sale? Managed to bag Everton, Chelsea and a few others. Off to Wigan game Sat, hope it's better than the last trip(Utd) :-(

got tickets for Norwich game (Kop end) :)

Where do you fly from lately Rarnes?
    I know you are Galway based. I'm thinking of going to the Fulham and Southampton games in December.

I hope Sterling isn't holding the club to ransom or being greedy. He's only 17 and whilst a great talent, needs to show he's worth big money.

He's been pretty anonymous recently but that's not his fault. Imo it's not in the player's best interests to be playing every single game. He's still developing.

Just my opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Got tickets for Swansea, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton and QPR. I am also going to the Fulham match in December. Expensive business this match going.

Sorry all.

I hope Sterling isn't holding the club to ransom or being greedy. He's only 17 and whilst a great talent, needs to show he's worth big money.

He's been pretty anonymous recently but that's not his fault. Imo it's not in the player's best interests to be playing every single game. He's still developing.

Just my opinion.

From what I've heard it's more an issue of location than anything else with Sterling

• Advertisement

Where do you fly from lately Rarnes?
    I know you are Galway based. I'm thinking of going to the Fulham and Southampton games in December.

Dublin or Knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

5starpool wrote: »
    Got tickets for Swansea, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton and QPR. I am also going to the Fulham match in December. Expensive business this match going.

Sorry all.

That's why I hate that system though, I can't afford all of them in one, I don't think it's fair on people.

Sorry all.

Bloody right it is.

niallo27 wrote: »

That's why I hate that system though, I can't afford all of them in one, I don't think it's fair on people.

I don't mind it. If you stick away a small few quid every week in between sales, even a tenner you'd be able to buy a good few tickets

niallo27 wrote: »

It's more so the costs of travel that's a pain for me. There are always lots of returns in the run up to games now though, so while it's a bit riskier, there are always tickets to be got.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I did not buy in this sale,will pick them up game by game from here on in.I bought 5 or 6 games in the summer sale and there was no need.

I am also going over on Sat,we are taken our mini bus on her first over night trip.

It's more so the costs of travel that's a pain for me. There are always lots of returns in the run up to games now though, so while it's a bit riskier, there are always tickets to be got.

Sunday games are a serious pain in the balls for me, means missing out on a lot of games.

Fcuking Europa Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Sorry all.

Let's hope your jinx is lifted pretty quickly eh :)

Dublin or Knock.
    Dublin is a nuisance to get up to.
    I hope Ryanair sort out Shannon again.

• Advertisement

Fcuking Europa Cup

Take that back,has given us some great euro aways.About 20 Irishkop lads going to Venice/Udine in a couple of weeks,looking forward to that big time.I hope we get through and get somewhere funky in the next round.

Dub13 wrote: »

Take that back,has given us some great euro aways.About 20 Irishkop lads going to Venice/Udine in a couple of weeks,looking forward to that big time.I hope we get through and get somewhere funky in the next round.
    You better hope we don't get Maribor so

Dub13 wrote: »

Lucky fcukers!

I hope Ryanair sort out Shannon again.

Is there plans to?

Lucky fcukers!

Going to be some trip,Thursday night in Udine and the Friday in Venice back Sat.Have a couple of games before that (wigan & Southampton) so should fly in.

Is there plans to?
    I've heard rumours but its probably the same old shït as before.
    Everything is there now to make it a more viable airport than Knock

• Advertisement

Let's hope your jinx is lifted pretty quickly eh :)

It's a weird one, as I went something like my first 20 home games without defeat, and now it's 8 without a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

It's a weird one, as I went something like my first 20 home games without defeat, and now it's 8 without a win.

Yer not going on Saturday are you? Its just that i'm heading over myself, i'd love to see a win. I'm begging you ;) :P

Rumours that it will be announced that Jen Chang has been sacked tomorrow

One thing about FSG, they're not afraid to swing that axe.

Is this a result of that Jenkins thing do people think?

I know a lot of people were happy when Chang was announced, but tbh, I've barely even noticed his presence, if at all, since he did join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is there plans to?

Well shannon airport have split from the DAA so hopefully they will make a deal with Ryanair, I think shannon development are taking over now, both side are stubborn enough with Ryanair more or less wanting to work out of shannon for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Knex. wrote: »
    One thing about FSG, they're not afraid to swing that axe.

Is this a result of that Jenkins thing do people think?

I know a lot of people were happy when Chang was announced, but tbh, I've barely even noticed his presence, if at all, since he did join.

I don't think you're meant to.

Seal up your letter boxes if true

I don't think you're meant to.

Chief communications officer, would have thought the PR stuff would have his stamp on it?

Maybe not, I wouldn't be entirely sure of his job role tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Dublin or Knock.

When flying out from knock do the flights still go out on fridays and come back on sundays? Would be very handy if they did a saturday morning flight for money reasons alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just came back, sat down and waded through about 200 posts of complete bilge was readying a whithering Malcolm Tucker meets Edmund Blackadder riposte* in my mind and saw some flippin' mod had gone and locked the thread :mad:

* in my dreams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Talk about a spectacular case of career suicide. What a wally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Knex. wrote: »
    Chief communications officer, would have thought the PR stuff would have his stamp on it?

Maybe not, I wouldn't be entirely sure of his job role tbh.

I'm sure he reads/helps formulate all the PR stuff but he wouldn't put his John handcock on them. His probably like a news editor, reads everyone else's work and gives it the okay/makes corrections.

Yer not going on Saturday are you? Its just that i'm heading over myself, i'd love to see a win. I'm begging you ;) :P

I have it all booked, but won't just because you asked nicely :pac:

Nah, not going over on Saturday, shall be watching from the comfort of my sitting room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Lads if ye can show me where i said Dzeko was as good as Suarez i will give ye a shiny new penny.

I said i would prefer Suarez to Dzeko if i had to choose. What i said was Dzeko is not far off Suarez. And most definitely not the equivalent of 40 million plus Suarez. So please dont misquote me dishonestly to suit your argument. It's pathetic.

Also, all i put was a countering opinion. Which some people agreed with. I wasnt trolling but got roundly insulted for a not that out there view. Is that the way this thread goes?

Anyways, that is all. As you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Good ol' Andriy Voronin treated himself to a night out last week. Called in sick after a sneaky nightclub session. Fair play Andriy, you deserve it!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1226817/andriy-voronin-facing-crunch-talks-with-dusseldorf

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement