Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat ibiza rev dropping

Options
  • 31-01-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have an 08 seat Ibiza every now and again when sitting idle at traffic light and such after driving for a bit the rev Wil start to drop they will go to about 600 then back up to 800 then back down and keep doing this anyone no what This is caused by?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably something high drain running like rear window heater or air con.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I have an 08 seat Ibiza every now and again when sitting idle at traffic light and such after driving for a bit the rev Wil start to drop they will go to about 600 then back up to 800 then back down and keep doing this anyone no what This is caused by?

Could be a faulty sensor or a fault on the throttle body if its a petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Could be a faulty sensor or a fault on the throttle body if its a petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

As above, could also be a vacuum leak in the intake somwhere. OBD scan followed by Ye Olde Carb-cleaner test.

Advertisement