Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

1201202203204205207»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If Arsenal beat Everton top 4 will be wrapped up quickly. If Everton win top 3 is very close.

Some crack if Everton get top 4 and then get dumped out in the qualifiers again.

5live wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan, the best part of the run we are on is is the passing we are doing.

There is always a man available and some of passes to get us out of trouble wouldn't have been attempted last year. The resulting speed of transition has opposing defenses caught flat footed and facing their own goal.

We are a damn good side atm!

There must be sides in Europe bricking themselves at the thought of facing us.

Its great to watch tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,883 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

retalivity wrote: »
    Mark lawrenson is an embarrassment to humanity

At least he is still not tipping us to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

A draw in the Everton-Arsenal game would be perfect.

But that has now become a mere sub-plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,539 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A draw in the Everton-Arsenal game would be perfect.

But that has now become a mere sub-plot.

Seriously , we're top of the league, that game has no impact on us now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If Arsenal beat Everton top 4 will be wrapped up quickly. If Everton win top 3 is very close.

Some crack if Everton get top 4 and then get dumped out in the qualifiers again.

I want Everton to get fourth with Martinez, just to see the utd forum go into melt down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Full match can be watched here:
    http://hoofoot.com/?match=Liverpool_FC_4_-_0_Tottenham_Hotspur_2014_03_30

Page usually updates as MOTD highlights etc get released too.

That lfc.vn site had tonights MOTD up for a few mins, then it reverted back to the White Hart Lane 0-5 game. I had posted that, but deleted when link changed, if anyone is wondering where the post disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You could arge that an Everton victory is best as it would be good if they were still hugely involved in a T4 battle come Week 37 Home to Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I know it is Newcastle but Southampton have players all over the pitch in very good form. Here is hoping they can give City a game at the weekend. Probably been my favourite second team in the league this season.

Chelsea to get run ragged by PSG during the week before facing Stoke is no easy game either.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

murpho999 wrote: »

If we lose against City and Chelsea things will look very different.

• Advertisement

You could arge that an Everton victory is best as it would be good if they were still hugely involved in a T4 battle come Week 37 Home to Man City.

True

opr wrote: »
    I know it is Newcastle but Southampton have players all over the pitch in very good form. Here is hoping they can give City a game at the weekend. Probably been my favourite second team in the league this season.

Chelsea to get run ragged by PSG during the week before facing Stoke is no easy game either.

Opr

True but both teams are at home. I fully expect both to win. If one or neither don't fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

murpho999 wrote: »

Of course it does. We may not like to think about it now, but there is a tiny chance we won't win the league. The important thing then is to finish in the top 3. Arsenal not winning gives us the best chance of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Definitely want an Everton win as AJ points out. Everton vs city could be a huge game for us, we want Everton desperately in need of taking something from that game rather than having little to player for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

5live wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan, the best part of the run we are on is is the passing we are doing.

There is always a man available and some of passes to get us out of trouble wouldn't have been attempted last year. The resulting speed of transition has opposing defenses caught flat footed and facing their own goal.

We are a damn good side atm!

There must be sides in Europe bricking themselves at the thought of facing us.

And full credit to Rodgers.

Hard to believe that of the outfield players that started today, only Coutinho and Sturridge are Rodgers signings. Rodgers has improved the other players so much and they're thriving under his guidance.

Oh and while everyone is in such good form. Well done to Rafa tonight beating the league leaders. Another window in the summer and I think he'll have a good go at the league next season. I think he'll be as delighted as any Liverpool fan if we win the league this season.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Oh and while everyone is in such good form. Well done to Rafa tonight beating the league leaders. Another window in the summer and I think he'll have a good go at the league next season. I think he'll be as delighted as any Liverpool fan if we win the league this season.

Opr

Could easily have been him and Chelsea challenging us for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Another great win today,thought we defended alot better,very impressed with sterling's attitude,deserved his MOTM.I really want to believe but probably a bit to soon yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Opr

I hear Napoli fans are constantly annoyed about losing to the lesser sides though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Opr

Watched the game actually and was very impressed, rafa-esqe stuff. Hopefully roma don't lose anyone including garcia in the summer and there will be 3 teams challenging for it next year. Mertens and callejon have been great value buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭garra

"There is momentum behind Liverpool, a frenzied expectation around the club similar to the triumphant Champions League run of 2005, and history. The similarities between Rodgers' transformation and Bill Shankly's first title-winning campaign of 1963-64 are uncanny. In Suárez and Sturridge, Liverpool have two players to score 20 league goals or more in a season for the first time since Ian St John and Roger Hunt 50 years ago. Shankly's championship breakthrough also featured 1-0 and 3-0 wins over Manchester United and, on this day half a century ago, Liverpool beat Tottenham at Anfield to go top of the table. First place was not relinquished and Liverpool claimed their first title in 17 years. They look in the mood to do likewise this spring."

:eek:

Loads of players have got praise but Skrtel has hardly got a mention and I thought he was immense today. That block was great but apart from that he won loads of aerial duels, played the ball out from the back very well and in general was really commanding.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looking forward to getting those 8 players Ferguson said we need to win the title. Going to be some team then.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rob316 wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting those 8 players Ferguson said we need to win the title. Going to be some team then.:D

The number of people (many of them supposed experts) who could have egg on their faces in mid May is massive.

Anyway it turns out players are overrated, its managers who win titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

They should be gifs of Brendan !!

Here's one to keep the happiness going into a new day....

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sakho will play against west ham as Carroll would be too much in the air for agger I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sakho will play against west ham as Carroll would be too much in the air for agger I feel

Most will laugh but I'd actually be worried about Carroll. Brings a lot to that West Ham team and seems to cause a lot of teams problems, especially at home. Could be where we lose our first points in this run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

delw wrote: »
    I really want to believe but probably a bit to soon yet.

We have 6 games left, now is no time for pessimism. I understand the caution but fk it, we've waited a long time for this, enjoy it. These are the times when your lifelong support reaps the most dividends. We might not win it but the journey is fantastic.

I released the shackles of pessimism after the Man U game. Scarf on every time I leave the house, I don't care what others think, I'm having a ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Agger really struggles with anyone physical, I'd worry Carroll and Nolan would just man-handle him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I think Carroll could hurt us indeed. Rodgers may play with 3 at the back again. Skrtel, Sakho and Agger, but Man u coped with West Ham and Carroll particularly relatively well and that was with Carrick centre back too.

I think it also depends on our fullbacks. If we can stop their wingers getting in crosses it takes Carroll pretty much out of the game.

Hate playing Big Sam's teams though. Tricky game, but all of them will be now until the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Ardent

Loads of players have got praise but Skrtel has hardly got a mention and I thought he was immense today. That block was great but apart from that he won loads of aerial duels, played the ball out from the back very well and in general was really commanding.

Opr

Well said. Has been immense all season long imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was in the corner of the Main Stand next to the Kop and they were ****ing class all day.

Didn't stop singing for more than a minute.

You can't hear it on the TV all the time but the atmosphere was incredible. It helped that we went 1-0 up after 4 seconds so there was never any chance for moaning to take root but it was basically party time for the whole match.

I thought Flanno, Sterling, Coutinho and Johnson were our best players. Used the space well, worked incredibly hard, had a bit of quality and all contributed massively to our goalscoring chances.

Other than that we just hung around and let Spurs bludgeon themselves to death with their own stupidity. It mirrored the Utd game.

Very much horses for courses with us. We demolish teams, we strangle them and let them wee themselves like today and Utd and we've almost shown the ability to go toe to toe in those narrow games against our rivals. That's all that's left for us to show to prove we're worthy of being title contenders.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

i fear City and Silva big time tbh. I also think Jose will have a plan for us.
    city will eat up any space we give them, might be an idea to play Lucas in that match though I really dont wanna break up a winning thing. chelsea... I dunno, depends which chelsea we get. if we get the disciplined and organised kind they can certainly do us with a sneaky goal and close us down all day. if we get the wild chelsea then the game could end up at any score :p nerves are gonna be shot by the start of May..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement