Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail App

• 20-06-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the latest Gmail app but the "All Mail" folder doesn't show any new messages. It says there are 20 unread messages as per the attached screenshot but when I go into the folder it doesn't show these messages. It only show the messages from the date I downloaded the app.Refreshing does not work either.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app but keep getting the same issue.

Any ideas?

I want to use the Gmail app as I like the ability to set the home screen widget to the "all mail" folder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Obvious question but I'll get it out of the way - if you log in via your browser (on your desktop) and look at the All Mail label, does it say 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Mr E wrote: »
    Obvious question but I'll get it out of the way - if you log in via your browser (on your desktop) and look at the All Mail label, does it say 20?

Yeah its fine that way and does show 20 also. It also works fine with the mail app. Just having an issue with the Gmail app.

It strange that it shows the correct amount of unread emails but wouldn't actually show those emails when I go into the folder.

Have you tried clearing the data and cache of the app as well as deleting it?

When I delete and re-install the app all emails show in the all mail folder but it won't update again until I delete and re-install. I have done this several times. Clearing the cache doesn't seem to have any effect.

I assume when you say you are deleting the app you are doing it via adb or something? Did you clear both the data and the cache?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

What launcher are you using? I was getting similar with nova and went back to touch wiz and problem disappeared

I cleared the data also now,I hadn't done this previously and sent a test mail which does now now show up in the all mail folder. Hopefully this is the fix.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement