Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signing of the season so far?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I'd consider Michu more the bargain of the season, but RVP would have to be the signng of the season thus far. He was brought in tho get those vital goals that are needed to win a league, and thus far he hasn't disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

There's only one winner here and it's Michu. From the stats he has 12 goals in 16 for Swansea, RVP has 11 in 16 for United. RVP is injury prone and already 29, Michu is rarely injured and is 26. Not only that but Michu isn't really a 'striker' like RVP is. RVP cost 10 times more than Michu and his wage each week is likely 5 times larger. If you're talking about who's the better player then it's obviously RVP but Michu has been the better signing for his respective club.

RVP has been a quality signing and will continue to be should he stay injury free. I don't think Cazorla can be overlooked either given that he is a bargain £16million. He's 27 and has a few years left at full tilt and he's top quality. Hazard and Oscar have both been good for Chelsea too, both were somewhat of a gamble given the fees involved and the leagues they were coming from.

1. Michu
    2. RVP
    3. Cazorla

I think Hazard might have been the best buy in terms of longevity at just 21 and only £12million more than RVP, though. He will only get better and he's quality already. Diame deserves a mention too but was watching the match yesterday and I'm assuming he tore his hamstring, not sure whether it will be a grade 2 or 3 but it's definitely at least a grade 2 so he's looking at six weeks on the sideline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

It's Michu for me. No one even comes close.

His stats are absolutely ridiculous for a guy that was bought for 2 Million. And even if he stops his contribution now, he has already more than made up for that transfer fee in spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Michu by a mile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hazard
    I'm inclined to say Van Persie over Michu because for me he has got the goals that have meant more in high pressure scenarios. He has popped up with alot of winners for a team chasing the title, and he has also scored crucial goals against all Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Michu has done fantastically well for a very low price for Swansea, but I can't help but feel like he has benefited largely from the low level of pressure he is under there. Swansea haven't been in the relegation battle at any stage this year, nor are they really in any sort of battle for anything at the business end.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jesus, there'd be less mental gymnastics on display if you had Gary Kasparov blindfolded, playing chess against Deep Blue and removing a brain tumour... from himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cazorla
    CSF wrote: »
    I'm inclined to say Van Persie over Michu because for me he has got the goals that have meant more in high pressure scenarios. He has popped up with alot of winners for a team chasing the title, and he has also scored crucial goals against all Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Michu has done fantastically well for a very low price for Swansea, but I can't help but feel like he has benefited largely from the low level of pressure he is under there. Swansea haven't been in the relegation battle at any stage this year, nor are they really in any sort of battle for anything at the business end.
    So you are basically saying that a player has to sign for a big successful club or a very bad one to be the signing of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Cazorla
    I'd vote Michu again if I could. Nearing the halfway point and he has been consistently beasting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

It'll be interesting to see if he can maintain it through the winter given he won't be used to having no break.

Cazorla shouldn't be in there either tbh, he's been swallowed up by the general malaise at Arsenal in the last couple of months.

Advertisement