Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Release Free-Flying Helium Balloons near Dublin Airport

• 09-09-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Is there any restriction on releasing Free-Flying Helium Balloons near Dublin Airport.

only small individual balloons without any strings attached.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

No matter what part of the country you are in the IAA need to approval the release of helium balloons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

joe_joe wrote: »
    Is there any restriction on releasing Free-Flying Helium Balloons near Dublin Airport.

What do you think? Releasing objects into the air near an airport.

Instead of wasting time asking here, I would simply ring the IAA and ask. They'll probably tell you the answer you don't want to hear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Moved to aviation and aircraft.

joe_joe wrote: »

Should I allow a load of dogs loose on the M50.

Should I allow a load of small sail boats race in the shipping lane info Dublin port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Relax lads the dude was just asking a question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

civdef wrote: »

seems like there isnt a problem once the balloons are less than 2M and you release less than 1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Should I allow a load of small sail boats race in the shipping lane info Dublin port.

Is there really any need for that? How do you know how "near" it is?
    He's asking for advice, and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

If you fully read that section they must be tethered to a fixed point.

Id suggest calling the IAA.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

While I understand why you may feel the need to answer in such a sarky manner....

...the OP was asking an honest question. Adding an actual reply to the sarcasm would have been a little more welcoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

what frequency would these balloons be using :D

Advertisement