Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I can't underestimate how good of a signing Aguero is for yous.

He will got you a bag of goals .

Only concern would be to get him settled quick . You don't want a "superstar" that doesn't like the country ., ala., Tevez , Aquilani , Masch .. and that other little Brazilian lite weight yous had before ;)

But on a serious note ; the thoughts of Silva and Aguero forming a working partnership are real scary IMO .

Bastards !

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

mixednuts wrote: »
    I can't underestimate how good of a signing Aguero is for yous.

He will got you a bag of goals .

Only concern would be to get him settled quick . You don't want a "superstar" that doesn't like the country ., ala., Tevez , Aquilani , Masch .. and that other little Brazilian lite weight yous had before ;)

But on a serious note ; the thoughts of Silva and Aguero forming a working partnership are real scary IMO .

Bastards !

;)

mixednuts, I'll tell you, we have waited a long, long time for something like this, and in truth, most of us probably never thought we'd see the day. :D

karma_ wrote: »
    mixednuts, I'll tell you, we have waited a long, long time for something like this, and in truth, most of us probably never thought we'd see the day. :D

I'm not gonna say I'm happy for you ;).... but I do remember the dark days for City .

I have my concerns about the money rich sugar daddies but that's not for now .

But ain't it gas we both said he needs to settle quickly ... Like FFS these poor players on £200k+ a week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

For the love of god please please please be a 25+ goals a year scorer..:D
    I am delighted city have been able to pull of this deal..
    any ideas who else has been lined up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

An absolute savage signing for ye and he is the kind of player that will make a difference at any club in the world - he will improve ye from the point of battling for a CL place to battling for first - I think he is that good - enjoy watching him play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Great signing for City. My real hope now is that they do what no other side can afford to do, and treat that tight, miserable, self-obsessed hansom devil Tevez as he deserves to be treated. Stick him in the reserves, let him train alone and keep him for the next 4/5 years of his deal, well away from the first team. City don't need the money, make an example of the poor homesick/latest excuse devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Delighted with Aguero, Michael Johnson confirmed on loan to Leicester, pretty much the end of him now at city as im nearly certain his contracts up in 2012.

for anyone interested this is supposedly his house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29843407.html?premiumA=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just popping in from the Chelsea thread to say I hate ye and ye're Aguero :D

Fantastic player, will provide great entertainment and bag ye plenty of goals im sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

POKERKING wrote: »
    Delighted with Aguero, Michael Johnson confirmed on loan to Leicester, pretty much the end of him now at city as im nearly certain his contracts up in 2012.

for anyone interested this is supposedly his house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29843407.html?premiumA=true

Aguero's house?

Delighted with the signing,the Carlos saga is sure to be interesting now over the next few weeks.

Happy for MJ aswell,hopeully he can get alot of gametime for Leicester and the way theyre going I can see him getting promoted with them

A real shame with MJ, he was destined to become a City legend before that injury, he had bags of potential and a real graceful player. Happy he will get some game time at Leicester, and although I think you are right, his days at City are more than likely finished, I really hope there is an outside chance he could make an impact there and maybe, just maybe have a future at City, it's probably wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Aguero is a serious player and a real statement of intent.

But if he's going tobe a straight swap for Tevez, I'm not sure will he be an improvement. Tevez was brilliant for ye and suited the system down to the ground.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Aguero is a serious player and a real statement of intent.

But if he's going tobe a straight swap for Tevez, I'm not sure will he be an improvement. Tevez was brilliant for ye and suited the system down to the ground.

Tevez was great I agree, but he should have been stripped of the captaincy last season and he had too much of a negative impact off the field. Without that influence this season, and I hope Madrid come in with a bid as soon as, I see it as a positive step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Tevez was great I agree, but he should have been stripped of the captaincy last season and he had too much of a negative impact off the field. Without that influence this season, and I hope Madrid come in with a bid as soon as, I see it as a positive step.

Off pitch - good step.

On pitch - possibly a step down. Aguero will be doing sensationally well to maintain Tevez's levels of performance for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

they don't seem to be in any mad panic to sort the tevez thing, which is correct in my opinion, irrespective of any personal issues he did sign a contract and after what he said, the club are correct to sort other things out first, ie aguero etc.......

flahavaj wrote: »
    Off pitch - good step.

On pitch - possibly a step down. Aguero will be doing sensationally well to maintain Tevez's levels of performance for ye.

who can match tevez's industry and workrate? nobody, but his head is gone and he wants to be in south america, so why persist? if a lad doesnt want to play he doesnt want to play, then there are other team issues to consider, morale etc. if he wants to go best to find best way to move him on. cant go through another season of listening to that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Aguero is a better player than Tevez. Might not match him for goals but won't be far off. He's a more intelligent player though and should link up better with the others and get the best out of players like Silva.

Tevez is a bit too single minded at times.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Aguero is a better player than Tevez.

lets hope your right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Tevez is great, Aguero is better.

5 year deal, and comes with a free reverse mullet.

SA5.ashx?mh=450&mw=800

Interview here:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Sergio-Aguero-exclusive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

5 year deal, and comes with a free reverse mullet.

SA5.ashx?mh=450&mw=800

Interview here:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Sergio-Aguero-exclusive

I just got sick. :(

Cracking signing for City.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cracking Signing , could be a real game changer for you boys , well done ,

from a little bit sick and slightly disgruntled Chelsea Fan

34aa934c.jpg

;)

Can't scan that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

jealous maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    jealous maybe?

Just a bit of fun I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

2iibhfs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Le King wrote: »
    Just a bit of fun I'd say.

was joking

Cracking Signing , could be a real game changer for you boys , well done ,

a game changer! dont know about that, possibly, but still need a creative midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Did you put a few million aside to build a new cinema? :D

Dead jealous - should work out well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

MANCINI OUT!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

tevez is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

tevez is gone

Gone where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

tevez is gone

Link or GTFO

gone to town for milk, hel be back in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's borderline trolling. Don't do it again or I'll ban you.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    That's borderline trolling. Don't do it again or I'll ban you.

It was only a rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

A representative of Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez is due in Italy on Friday to begin talks over a £40m move to Inter Milan.
    Full story: the Sun

Didnt Tevez want to move to be closer to his family? Is it that his family wont leave argentina, or dont want to live in Manchester?

Didnt Tevez want to move to be closer to his family? Is it that his family wont leave argentina, or dont want to live in Manchester?

all of the above:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Anyone going to see City in Dublin at the weekend??
    I'm going in Sunday, cannot wait!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Anyone going to see City in Dublin at the weekend??
    I'm going in Sunday, cannot wait!!!:D

I'm going, but not to see city :p, should be a good day out and hopefully we will get to see Inter and city have a good game

• Advertisement

It was only a rumour

You done the same in the Arsenal thread.
    You are trolling.

I'm going to see City myself.
    Aguero???
    Hope to see him in action

RVP 11 wrote: »
    You done the same in the Arsenal thread.
    You are trolling.

I'm going to see City myself.
    Aguero???
    Hope to see him in action

I believe Aguero has travelled, in fact I think they arrive in Dublin this evening. Wish I could travel down but unfortunately I can't. Everyone who is going, City fans or not, hope you enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Not for that price.

I'd love to see City and I'd love to see the new stadium but they're charging more than it costs for a ticket to Eastlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Not for that price.

I'd love to see City and I'd love to see the new stadium but they're charging more than it costs for a ticket to Eastlands.

Don't you get to go to 2 games?

Confirmed Aguero is in Dublin, just had a press Conference at 6.30pm there in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

JPA wrote: »
    Don't you get to go to 2 games?

Yeah your right, I didn't even think of that.

Still a bit rich for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

How much are the tickets for these games lads or are they sold out?

OK lads and ladies*, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Mancini said at the conference that Aguero will likely not play this weekend, and he probably won't play in the Community Shield either. Hopefully he will get a few minutes even with that said.

From an Irish point of view, he talked a little bit about Greg Cunningham, and he had this to say; Mancini: "I like him, he can have important future, he could play at top level."

on Tevez: "Tevez is an important player for us but anything can happen in the next day"

*sorry fluffy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How much are the tickets for these games lads or are they sold out?

30 euro a day

Some Silva highlights from the Inter match; (music sucks so mute)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement