Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boom, have that.

Options
  • 01-05-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

"Turn off the hate there peggy".

And just like that another 6% is added to the cost of heating the house. Welcome to the carbon tax.

Here, if you don't believe in this global warming tatter, can you avoid paying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Gemma, I think you need some fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Why does Peggy hate you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Global warming, climate change or whatever they're calling it this week is all a load of bollix, this planets been warming for millions of years anyway and the idea of bringing in a tax for it beggers belief, just goes to show that people are sheep and will swallow any old sh!te from they're respective governments and pay for the privilege in taxes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Why does Peggy hate you?

Narrow urethra?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Say wha? Hate-filled peggies?
    Can we have a better clue to what your on about?
    I feel like we've jumped into the middle of ones mental conversation with one's self! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GemmaCarter

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Global warming, climate change or whatever they're calling it this week is all a load of bollix, this planets been warming for millions of years anyway and the idea of bringing in a tax for it beggers belief, just goes to show that people are sheep and will swallow any old sh!te from they're respective governments and pay for the privilege in taxes.

boss, we've got a live one here.

You said it buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Are you a farmer by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

If a green comes to my door in the next general election they will be frog marched out the gate.

I hate them.... i really do, nobody in potitics has made me as angry as they have. They cost you money thats all they do.

People will just be colder in their houses now this winter due to moves like this.

After the next election they will not get the change to cost us anymore money coz they will be dumped like a bag of plastic in a land fill, up in smoke, incinerated... gone (i hope):mad:

Biggins wrote: »
    Say wha?
    Can we have a better clue to what your on about?
    I feel like we've jumped into the middle of ones mental conversation with one's self! :D

Sorry bud, out here in the real world they have added a 6% carbon tax to oil and gas. But don't worry about it, family guy is on later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Logging/de-forestation has a knock on effect on the atmosphere. The destruction of coral reefs, leads to the demise of species that live with it & they in turn are precious foodstuffs for other species. Also, plastics in the sea get eaten by fish and in turn by us.

I do hope you're not suggesting that man's effect on the planet is a load of cobblers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Sorry bud, out here in the real world they have added a 6% carbon tax to oil and gas. But don't worry about it, family guy is on later.
    Family guy you say? Now you're talking sense.

O' the Greens again? Carry on... You have my permission.

old hippy wrote: »

I do hope you're not suggesting that man's effect on the planet is a load of cobblers?

peace man, it is not a sin to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ave it, you slag!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Logging/de-forestation has a knock on effect on the atmosphere. The destruction of coral reefs, leads to the demise of species that live with it & they in turn are precious foodstuffs for other species. Also, plastics in the sea get eaten by fish and in turn by us.

I think the argument is that the carbon tax is merely a tax and has little or no impact on actual pollution relative to the monetary expense laid on the taxpayer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dammit, i opened this thread hoping someone was giving me something

I'd be quite happy to see the whole EU go down the pan at this stage and let us back to our own ways, between EU directives and Green directives we haven't a hope of competing with the rest of Europe anyway whatever we're being told, the amount of business I've seen go down the pan due to high running costs and taxes here is staggering to say the least, in other countries you get encouraged to set up business but in dear old Ireland you just get the revenue hounds set on you.

peace man, it is not a sin to live.

For sure but how much longer if we continue to whittle away the planet?

What toxic legacy do we bequeathe to future generations?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    dammit, i opened this thread hoping someone was giving me something

Oh you are getting it all right.

• Advertisement

What toxic legacy do we bequeath to future generations?
    Fianna Fail and The Green Party! :(

What toxic legacy do we bequeathe to future generations?

NAMA.................

Biggins wrote: »
    Fianna Fail and The Green Party! :(

Oh, not for me, thanks. I've just eaten...

Advertisement