Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Higgins is a cheat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

You read the News of the World.John Higgins comes out of this one in a better light to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You read the News of the World.John Higgins comes out of this one in a better light to be honest.

Bet you a score he doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I dont read that rag. But I came across this on another message board that is not this one:eek:

The News of the World can do some good investigative journalism even though its a tabloid rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

scudzilla wrote: »
    Bet you a score he doesn't

I'll take that bet.As I said in the other thread,the John Terry story(with video) taking cash for tours of the Chelsea training ground came to nothing...no action...no nothing....it's a rag........not even a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's highly unlikely that a newspaper, rag or not, would print a trnscript of a conversation that never actually existed. They'd have to be 100% sure that the tapes were real, or risk facing a serious law suit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

it amazes me in this day and age, that people can still be stung like this. Higgins is a multi millionaire yet he is still willing to risk it all for a couple of hundred thousand.

Greed is a very powerful motivation. He has just ruined his life and the lives of so many others...and for what? Some extra pocket money?

What an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i wonder what will be his excuse?? will he try to convince people that he knew it was set-up and just played along. more likely an act of contrition. i'd say despite what snooker fans might like to believe players deliberately losing matches for money is quite common in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'll take that bet.As I said in the other thread,the John Terry story(with video) taking cash for tours of the Chelsea training ground came to nothing...no action...no nothing....it's a rag........not even a paper.

quoted for cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

IF true and that is a bloody big IF then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law which hopefully should result in jail time. What a bloody idiot. Snooker in my mind was always a noble game, for me it will always be hard to look at it the same way again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

That's because Chelsea didn't care, it's pretty safe to say that actual match-fixing (or at least, bet-fixing) is a far, far bigger deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Wow, he should be kicked out of the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Osu wrote: »
    Wow, he should be kicked out of the sport.

I think the term sport might be pushing it a bit. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wonder did he throw his match against Steve Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

There is a thread on this in The Snooker & Pool Forum.

Here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement