Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Guns for sale

Options
  • 27-09-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Pink guns for girls

Firearms shops in the US are stocking pink rifles and shotguns to encourage girls to get into shooting.

A report in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says the Gander Mountain hunting store in Waukesha stocks several pink guns.

They include a Remington 20-gauge shotgun with a pink and black stock emblazoned with the slogan: "Shoot like a girl if you can!"

Store manager Chris Hanson said the guns were aimed, so to speak, at girls and women interested in hunting.

He said the shotgun, and a Crickett rifle with a bright pink stock, were both selling well.

In Baraboo, Jim Astle, owner of Jim's Gun Supply in Baraboo, has been coating guns in pink and other colours for four years. His 12-year-old daughter owns a pink camouflage shotgun.

"Females want to shoot guns, but they want them to look pretty, too," he said. "Guys could give a rat's butt what their gun looks like."

Connie Cody, a 48-year-old administrative assistant in Kenosha, said she wishes she had seen pink guns for sale after she completed her hunter safety course 18 months ago.

Since then, she has bought a 9-millimetre pistol, a .357 revolver, a .38 Derringer and a .380 pistol, all in traditional colours.

"If they stock them," Cody vowed after learning about pink guns, "I'm going to buy one."

Link

Does anyone else find this a little odd? I wouldn't have coupled "guns" and "fashion accessory" before, but there ya go. That's why I'm sitting behind a computer in my underwear waiting for college to resume and not rich.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What next eh... pink cars, psp's, phones. Madness :(

Everything can be fashionable, remember back when pc's were the most clunky, unsexy yokes on the planet.. and now we've teeny tiny things in every colour with every feature.

I'll be waiting for the gun with the flip up mirror, lip gloss holder and diamante finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

When you think about some of the custom handguns you hear about rappers getting I think they've been a fashion accessory to some extent for a while now.

http://www.backcountryjournal.com/P8110031.JPG
    Yes, that yellowy bit is in fact gold plating...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

connundrum wrote:
    What next eh... pink cars, psp's, phones. Madness :(

Everything can be fashionable, remember back when pc's were the most clunky, unsexy yokes on the planet.. and now we've teeny tiny things in every colour with every feature.

I'll be waiting for the gun with the flip up mirror, lip gloss holder and diamante finish.
    Don't forget with a camera built in so you can take photos of yourself and your mates shooting things and upload them to bebo.

Well at least they're getting 12 year olds interested in shooting and not having them roaming the streets eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

"His 12-year-old daughter owns a pink camouflage shotgun."

Wow, what a nutbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Bad time to be a flamingo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

gerky wrote:
    Is there ever a good time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Daddio wrote:
    Link

Does anyone else find this a little odd? I wouldn't have coupled "guns" and "fashion accessory" before, but there ya go. That's why I'm sitting behind a computer in my underwear waiting for college to resume and not rich.

I use to think "stupid americans and their guns :rolleyes: "
    but now i realize that many of them need guns to survive
    If you live 20-30 miles from the nearest cop station you need a way to defend yourself and your family

And say a father and young girl(13ish) are home and someone breaks in and knocks out the father or whatever. If you were the father wouldn't you want your daughter to know how to use a gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Daddio wrote:
    pink camouflage shotgun.

Is this not an oxymoron?

Cormic wrote:
    Is this not an oxymoron?
    indeed it is, well spotted!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,962 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not if your in a big pink forrest with pink animals, pink trees and pink rocks.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Not if your in a big pink forrest with pink animals, pink trees and pink rocks.
    Spot the drug addict...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

gerky wrote:
    Yeah that's where pink comes from isn't it? :p

Fighting Irish, in that unlikely situation I'd still rather not want my 13 year old daughter to have something that could kill someone in her hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I use to think "stupid americans and their guns :rolleyes: "
    but now i realize that many of them need guns to survive
    If you live 20-30 miles from the nearest cop station you need a way to defend yourself and your family

And say a father and young girl(13ish) are home and someone breaks in and knocks out the father or whatever. If you were the father wouldn't you want your daughter to know how to use a gun?

That's a ridiculus argument ! Say a father teaches his young girl(13ish) how to use a gun, and the girl gets bullied in school so decides to get her gun and put a cap in said bullies ass.........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That's a ridiculus argument ! Say a father teaches his young girl(13ish) how to use a gun, and the girl gets bullied in school so decides to get her gun and put a cap in said bullies ass.........:rolleyes:

There's a difference between knowing how to use one, and having easy access to one. I doubt they keep it out for all and sundry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

then the girl goes to prison for being a crazy bitch, and the system works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Giblet wrote:
    There's a difference between knowing how to use one, and having easy access to one. I doubt they keep it out for all and sundry.

Fair enough, so the guns locked away, which means it's useless in Fighting Irishs scenario so why have it at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

As if getting robbed wouldn't be bad enough, now people are going to get robbed by some fúcker brandishing a pink gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

in the US

Yes it's odd, but no, it doesn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

The-Rigger wrote:
    As if getting robbed wouldn't be bad enough, now people are going to get robbed by some fúcker brandishing a pink gun.

and then the get-away vehicle:

pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

IMO, anyone who wants their rifle to be pink shouldn't be given a gun in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

And IMO anyone who wants to put big spoilers and exhausts on their car shouldn't have a car in the first place either, but I'm not the fashion police.

However, other examples:

The Hello Kitty XM-8 rifle.
    http://blog.sanriotown.com/kt_sanctuary:hellokitty.com/files/2007/09/gun.jpg

The Hello Kitty H&K USP
    http://www.libertybelles.org/images2/fame/hellokittypinkgun.gif

There is also quite a market in Kalashnikitty appareil.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sometimes you really need a gun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Thats the way i use to think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Wonder if P!nk has a pink shooter?;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That would be a bad thing?

I think bullies deserve to be capped!

NTM

Advertisement