Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email on android

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Just re-setting my temporary Sony android (mine was stolen last weekend)
    All ok until trying to set up the email account. As before, it's a total nightmare, I've tried every combination with no success, just the usual 'cannot connect to server, edit details' etc. I eventually managed it on my last Sony, but I never knew how it suddenly happened.
    I'm a Meteor customer with an Eircom mail account, is there anyone out there who knows the magic secret? I'd be happy just to receive mails, I gave up trying to send them a long time ago.
    Help!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭leche solara

I think you might find the answer here: https://community.eir.ie/my-eir-98/mail-settings-for-a-sony-android-13557

If you're using Mobile data you use the eircom settings for incoing and outgoing. If you're on your home wifi you change the outgoing to that of your broadband provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

No luck. Followed the instructions to the letter, as always. and as always, 'could not finish' 'could not open connection to server'
    Would it help if I changed the port numbers?
    I managed to get it working on the previous phone (incoming only btw, not outgoing) but if I recall, it just started working one day....

I use:
    incoming
    username: xxxxx@eircom.net
    password: xxxxxxxx

pop3 server: webmail.eircom.net

port 110

security type none

delete email from server never

outgoing
    smtp server mail1.eircom.net
    port 587
    security type none
    require sign in leave unchewcked

These are when Im on Mobile Data (3G) If im at home I change outgoing to UPC

AMAZING!!!! Just followed your settings carefully (although I've tried them again and again before)....suddenly I'm connected. 25 mails came through, yay! So thanks for your help, I think it just connects when it decides it's ready lol.
    Not sure if it's sending mails yet, I've sent a couple of tests to contacts. We'll see....
    Thanks again, have a good weekend.:)

send one to yourself and if it comes reply to it. then you will know that both sending and receiving are working

• Advertisement

Tried that, they didn't send (they're in the sent folder but unchecked.)
    I'm not too pushed about sending though, as long as I can receive! And I don't want to mess with it now in case I lose that bit! Cheers and thanks again.

Advertisement